Faster way to work with FO4Edit?

LinuX123

Nevermind me, I read that completely wrong...lol. :confused:

Edit: I don't believe there is a faster way to do it, but unless your values aren't turning out as expected fairly often you can probably make more than one adjustment at a time?

The only way you can really save time is to make a large amount of changes and test them all at once. Also just out of curiosity what is the mod that you are making.

Also TheGreenLion how did you make those links and texts under your comment?

I am making a mod that replaces the Image Space Adapter when your health is low. So the changes are visual and is hard to visualize only editing numbers.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, guys

Actually there's a faster way to test plugins without having to restart FO4. You still need to close and reopen FO4Edit as xEdit never overwrites a plugin except on close.

On fallout 4 enter "fcf" on the console after loading your save. That closes any open plugins and lets FO4edit write into it. Go to FOedit, make any changes, close it. Go back to FO4 and type "hlp <pluginname>" to load it. Be aware that hot loading plugins can have weird effects :)

Actually there's a faster way to test plugins without having to restart FO4. You still need to close and reopen FO4Edit as xEdit never overwrites a plugin except on close.

On fallout 4 enter "fcf" on the console after loading your save. That closes any open plugins and lets FO4edit write into it. Go to FOedit, make any changes, close it. Go back to FO4 and type "hlp <pluginname>" to load it. Be aware that hot loading plugins can have weird effects :smile:

Works great, Ralecrim. Very thanks. Until now I did't notice a weird effect.

On fallout 4 enter "fcf" on the console after loading your save. That closes any open plugins and lets FO4edit write into it. Go to FOedit, make any changes, close it. Go back to FO4 and type "hlp <pluginname>" to load it. Be aware that hot loading plugins can have weird effects :smile:

Oh, that's interesting! Nice bit of information. :ohmy:

@ Reflex18 - left ya a PM!

GREAAAAAAAT! I will try out, but it sounds very interesting. I will try out. This would be a great help, if you want to make minor changes to a dds file.

But there is a simple way to use FO4Edit without reloading it again and again:

is there a disadvantage to save changes in FO4edir with ctrl-s ?

Yeah thats it. But there is a simple trick: Just make a copy of your ESP file and edit that instead. When you are finished with your changes press CTRL-S, that makes a new copy of the ESP. This copy you can rename to the target naming and use that in game. I give an example:

• Original mod is called ModA.ESP
  • Make a copy of it (ModA-Edit.ESP)
  • Edit ModA-Edit.ESP in FO4Edit
  • When you are done press CTRL-S -> a file ModA-Edit.ESP.xxxxxxxxx will be saved. (FO4Edit dont need to be closed)
  • rename ModA-Edit.ESP.xxxxxxxxx to ModA.ESP and you can do anything with it, it is not locked as the ModA-Edit.ESP, so you can edit it with other tools that change the ESP, like FO4Translator.

Sorry my bad english, hope you understand what i mean.

Bla©k Widowmaker