More ammo drops for Turret machine guns

skyblivion93

I don't know if the community has an opinion on this or not. But I've always thought it was strange that when you destroy a turret, it only has a total of 5 bullets. Seems a but unrealistic to me, especially when some of them claim to have 1000 round of 5.56 ammo.

My mod request is to simply make turrets drop more bullets when they're destroyed, a minimum of 20 bullets dropped with a maximum of 50. I think this is more realistic, let me know what you think of this idea and if it's at all possible.

Thanks

Not a bad idea. I am looking into this, so far I have the covenant turrets dropping the altered ammo count, but it doesn't seem to be working on the GNN external turrets. I will continue to take a look and see if it is an isolated account or not.

Thanks for the help, I imagine this being easier when the CK is released. I don't know what I'm specifically looking for in FO4EDIT to change the ammo drops.

Also, do you know anything about porting static meshes? Any tutorials? I'm trying to port a mesh correctly.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3701710-help-with-porting-a-new-static-mesh-into-fallout-4/

Well, there were two ways to go about getting this mod working, and neither of them were terribly subtle. You are quite right, modding should become much easier once a CK has been released. As it stands I had the choice between modding a single form that affected how much ammo drops from any npc(turret or otherwise) that uses 5.56 rounds, or mod the turret weapon forms to read from a different list of possible ammo drops. I went with the latter as it affects only the turrets and not any other npc's.

Anyway here is a link to the mod, I hope you enjoy, I know its a little rough around the edges so let me know where you might want improvements.

Also no idea about the porting meshes really, I just muck around with forms.

Edited by Pr1meSh0ck