⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Reasons i love Fallout4

bszylard

So, it's been now my third play through and i must say i still love the game. And thanks to the modding community on the Nexus page i will keep playing for months to come. Now it might sound cheesy what comes next but reading through these forums and obviously a lot of posts on the different mod pages i just feel that i have to share my playing and modding experience as someone who loves Bethesda's games. I logged more than 3000 hours on Skyrim - heavily modded -, and i'm nearing 350 hours on FO4. I also have several hundred hours on FO3 and FNV, pretty much heavily modded too. My top reason for at least at the moment - favoring FO4 is the incredible stability the game showed me.

Now, i don't have a serious gaming PC, i play always on my laptop attached to a 49" tv+sound system through the HDMI connection to have also 5.1 sound not just the big screen. I don't have a very beefy laptop -specs are here: I7 4720Q 2,6-3,4GHz; 16GB RAM, Nvidia Gefore 960M 4GB DDR5 and 1TB SSHD.

For FO4, i run always the game on 1920*1080 resolution, having textures on ultra settings, the other settings are medium or high. Since i'm playing the game from november last year i had maybe 3 or 4 CTD. Crazy no? :) In my all time favorite Skyrim i have that amount of CTD's within a few hours. True, i'm not using so many mods, espeially not scripted mods with FO4 since there's still no GECK.

But until now this game proved to be one of the most stable Bethesda release for me, and i have played and playing all of their open world RPG.

Here's a list of my plugins that i'm using in my game now, it's pretty much the same that i used for my second full play through as well:

Fallout4.esm
Arbitration - Resources.esm
ArmorKeywords.esm
Homemaker.esm
SettlementKeywords.esm
Robot Home Defence.esm
SpringCleaning.esm
VendorCaps_1000.esp
Weaponry Overhaul.esp
TrueStormsFO4.esp
TrueStormsFO4-LITE-Audio.esp
TrueStormsFO4-ClimateSettings.esp
TrueStormsFO4-Performance-Fog.esp
Simple Intersection.esp
dD-Action Ragdoll Force.esp
dD-Reduced Explosion Force.esp
DeadBodyCollision.esp
More Where That Came From Diamond City.esp
Buildable_PAFrame_v1.3.esp
Cuts and Blunts 3.0.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-Mods.esp
free_downgrades.esp
WeaponRacks.esp
WeaponRacks-Weapons-WO.esp
Arbitration - Button Lowered Weapons.esp
WET Clearer.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-Misc.esp
keyNuker_keys_en.esp
More Realistic Knockdown.esp
RagdollCollision.esp
PerkChartPoster.esp
CutWeaponModsRestored.esp
CutWeaponModsRestored-UniqueWeaponModRecipes.esp
Lore Friendly Posters.esp
ProperStoreAnimation.esp
Crafting Workbench.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo Special.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Power Armor.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Pre War and Manufactured.esp
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Ballistic Weave.esp
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - AWKCR.esp
Elvani's Track Pack - FIX.esp
DD_Power_armor_option.esp
LongerHeadlampLightWithShadows2x.esp
ASCOCait06.esp
ASCOCurie04.esp
ASCODanse01.esp
ASCOPiper04.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
Move that Workbench!.esp
Vasstek_Vaultsuit.esp
Nanohelmet.esp
Homemaker - SK Integration Patch.esp
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects SK.esp
Robot Home Defence - Settlement Keywords.esp
OCDispenser.esp
OCDecorator.esp
DD_AIO_I_Hate_You_All.esp
DD_bobblehead_stands.esp
CBBE.esp
LongerAreaRespawn.esp
SkjAlert_RS+.esp
Remove Interior Fog.esp
Eli_ArmourCollection.esp
Armorsmith Elianora Extended.esp
SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp
M2216.esp
OWR.esp
def_inv_scrap_en.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-Junk+DEF_INV.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-NotJunk.esp
WeaponRacks-Tools-Vanilla.esp
keyNuker_cards_en.esp
R91M.esp
BetterJunkFences.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-AidReducedWeight.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-Ammo.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-ArmorByClass.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-CosmeticsByClass.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-ExplosivesSortBottom.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-Perks.esp
ValdacilsItemSorting-Weapons.esp
VIS-PatchWeaponRacks-Tools+DEF_INV.esp

Obviously i have a bit more mods, the ones that don't have plugins, like Texture Optimization, A Little Bit of Green, all the Vivid releases and Better New Roads are not listed by NMM. All in all i run permanently just a bit more than 100 mods. What actually convinced me about the game's stability is that as soon as a mod is updated i update as well. If i see something new on the Nexus page i'll try it out. Since the game is demanding it, i pretty much live with quicksaves... So i'm doing a lot of stuff that so many are recommending not to :)

However, i always take care that every mod installation it's happening as the author recommended. If i have a small hick-up i search everything about it until i find a solution. If it's the case i ask the mod authors and all of them are helpful.

I don't know if i'm the only one who's actually so - let's say - satisfied but i surely hope there are others as well, who at least mostly agree with me.

I would like to see comments if this is the case or no. And if anyone have questions about how to make some staff that i have in my load order to make work, i will try my best to help. That's why Nexus is a community i think :)

Cheers everyone :)

I don't seem to get it... you claim to have no issues. You don't ask for tech help and it's not something that could be called a guide to help with tech issues.

If it's just about you being interested if others have tech issues, why not just browse the Nexus, Steam and Bethesda forums? Same holds true, if you want to help people with tech issues. It's not that difficult to find users that do have tech issues :wink:

As it is now, at least to me, it seems like an attempt to show off. But maybe that's just me.

Edited by wax2k

I did meant as an advice, or maybe just something positive about the way how we all mod our games. And my main - subjective - reason for posting it is the numerous posts here, and on other forums mentioned by you as well that so many seems to have problems. From this point of view it might look like a show off of course :) But if there is a way to prove that things are working then why not?