[BUG] [SOLVED] "Missing components" error while attempting to start ModBuddy

wghost81

So I ran through the quickstart, installed the Redist stuff and got ModBuddy to launch, but for some reason I can't open any files. Checked cache and everything seems fine, but it just doesn't work, and internet is being remarkably unhelpful. Anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong and how to fix it? (This is on Windows 8.1 64-bit)

Edited by Daizz

So I ran through the quickstart, installed the Redist stuff and got ModBuddy to launch, but for some reason I can't open any files. Checked cache and everything seems fine, but it just doesn't work, and internet is being remarkably unhelpful. Anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong and how to fix it? (This is on Windows 8.1 64-bit)

I'm not sure what could be the problem. Our development machines are also running Windows 8.1 64-bit, and I didn't see any issues like that, although I installed the VS Shell and SDK a few months ago, so my memory isn't fresh.

You might double check that you are launching the SDK through steam, and not trying to launch the Visual Studio shell directly. I always launch the SDK through Steam.

The only other configuration I had to do was setting up the paths to the game and SDK folders.

I am starting it through Steam (I don't even really see a way to start it outside it).

I wonder if the fact that I have VS 2013 Preview installed on my computer too... I guess I'll try uninstalling both and reinstalling and see if that changes anything.