[BUG] [SOLVED] "Missing components" error while attempting to start ModBuddy

wghost81

• 2 weeks later...

SDK doesn't working and I don't know why.
Installed every file in "_CommonRedist" and "Binaries\Redist" and I still getting an error when trying to launch "XCOM 2 Development Tools" on my Windows 8.1 x64...
"dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64" says it's integrated with my system and cannot be installed.
What should I do now?

Edited by Din0za

Hello Din0za. Are you getting this error?

"Cannot find one or more components. Pleaser reinstall the application."

If you have newer version of .NET, you shouldn't need to install version 4.0.

I am on Windows 7 64-bit. Steam downloaded and installed XCOM 2 Development Tools, I installed both packages (UE3Redist and vs_isoshell) from Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2 SDK\Binaries\Redist\ and I was good to go.

If you are desperate enough, you can run regedit and delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Firaxis. The software should recreate all registry keys.

I think .NET is backwards compatible. 4.5.1 should be as good as 4.0. Would be cool to know, what component ModBuddy is missing.

I've checked, what versions I have installed and there is 2.0.50727, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5.2 in Windows registry:

// HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP
// HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
// Release dword meaning

378389 .NET Framework 4.5
378675 .NET Framework 4.5.1 installed with Windows 8.1
378758 .NET Framework 4.5.1 installed on Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, or Windows Vista SP2
379893 .NET Framework 4.5.2
393295 (Windows 10) or 393297 (All other OS versions) .NET Framework 4.6
394254 (Windows 10) or 394271 (All other OS versions)
Edited by Drakous79

In windows 8 I simply can't install any version lower than 4.5.1 and on my experience if program needs net framework 3.0 then it will not run without it even if newer version is already installed.
I think it's better to avoid Windows 8 and 10 at all cost until Microsoft finally learn how to do their work right.