Francesco's Optional New Creatures add-on.esm crashes my game and

As it says in the title. I'd like to get this mod working and it's the only one in my mod list that crashes Oblivion when activated. With this mod activated, when I exit the sewers after the start tutorial when you do the prison escape, it crashes to the desktop. If I load any game that was saved with my character outside, it also crashes to the desktop as soon as the load bar gets halfway through loading. Everything seems to work perfectly fine with this add on deactivated.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot it ? I'm a little bit new to add on troubleshooting but I've used BOSS and cleaned add ons with TES4EDIT.

It seems like it would be a cool mod to have enabled if I could get it going. I'd love to have all those new monsters to bash around.

I've found that Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm causes missing textures to appear for some things. I had a guy chasing me who was just a head, two gloves, and a lower torso ! Upon disabling that file, the textures came back.

Edited by BlacklightDragon

• 3 years later...

If I load any game that was saved with my character outside, it also crashes to the desktop as soon as the load bar gets halfway through loading

oblivion crashes where my new creatures are

I had the very same problem about a year ago when my FCOM installation quest started :D

I cannot recall exactly what caused it (so many things i did wrong back then)

so the only thing i can advise you to do is read the FCOM step-by-step installation manual here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BTIQGFFmHPWmNCbVdSUXFDRXc/edit

And in case youre new to fcom make sure you dont clean any of the FCOM files in tes4edit. ever.

heres a link to the freshest fcom page if you need expert advice

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1475399-relz-fcom-convergence-10/

Edited by Executor64

The most likely cause of the type of crashes you are describing is missing textures.

Missing textures are, supposedly, just supposed to show up as an ugly pink color in the game, but experience has taught me that this is not always the case.

Sometimes, missing textures actually crash the game.

Since you are describing missing textures, that is almost certainly your problem. Go back and make sure the mod is installed completely and properly.