Oblivion won't run anymore!!!

For some reason whenever I try and run oblivion I get an error message that says "Oblivion has stopped working"

At first I had thought it was conflicting mods. But I clean installed and it still doesn't work.

Please help.

I think it started happening when I tried to install Nehrim, but the installation didnt work right so Oblivion crashed on load up.

I deleted my Oblivion folder in "Steam-SteamApps-Common-" and did a clean reinstall through steam but it doesn't work still.

Help?

People regard reinstallation as a panacea that will fix anything, but they are wrong. Reinstallation seldom fixes anything. For it to work, you must have one of those specific problems that it works on. (For example, a corrupted installation.)

Most Oblivion problems are mod problems. Your game broke when you installed Nehrim. So therefore what you need to do is go delete Nehrim. Every last trace of it. Plug-in files, meshes textures, sounds, ini. edits, every single bit of it. Things might also work most smoothly if you back up to a savegame right before you installed Nehrim.

Did you uninstall it before deleting the folder? Doing that messes up some things. (IE did you click "Uninstall" then delete the folder after it finished)

I have it through steam, and I just deleted the whole oblivion folder and uninstalled it via steam.

@David:

I deleted the entire oblivion folder, and reinstalled it after that. Doing that should of removed every trace of Nehrim.

And even before I did that, I still couldn't find a trace of nehrim.

While your original problem may or may not have been Nehrim-related, your current issue is most likely caused by leftover registry entries from your last install.

The most popular program for registry cleaning seems to be CCleaner. It does the job, and it's free.

Edited by eric31415