Wasn't Dead Money a horrible DLC?

nukafish

, but when I learned you couldn't return, that annoyed me. Why include all those gold bars and items if claiming them all is impossible without cheats or mods???

Dead Money was a life lesson, a metaphor, a homily that was all about "letting go".

It was designed as such that you couldn't get all the loot and get out. You had to learn to just walk away which is what Father Elijah couldn't & wouldn't do and thus it was his doom. Sure there are ways in which you can cheat or fix it so you get the gold but that misses the point of the story. Dean had to let go of his obsession of being able to rip off Sinclair, Dog/God needed to let go of their war with one another and merge into a new being while Christine needed to let go of her need for vengeance on Elijah and let the courier deal with him.

Yes the radios were annoying and the cloud constantly draining you was also testing but for my money that added to the whole experience, not detracted from it. What was annoying was having God mutter constantly about ripping my arm off to get the pipboy. I felt that was over the top and he lived only because if I killed him I'd die as well.

I'd rate it as the 2nd best in the series of DLC's with Old World Blues being the best, Lonesome Road coming in 3rd and Honest Hearts for the least enjoyable of all the DLC's.

well said. I liked that about the DLC too, except i made sure to grab at east two of the gold bars for all the damn annoyances to took to get to the Vault.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic