guys, i need some help with a vault (gear) door :)

u2020bullet

ok, so i've been basically working in geck yesterday, during the whole evening, and the entire day today trying to get a regular vault door working. But, as you can tell by the topic, it's not going all too well...

So basically i dont want to use a regular control pod to open the door so i made my own, added a random model and set it to use the "genericcontrolpodscript", then added "vgeardoor01" and set a linked ref from my control pod to the door. However that didnt work...i even tried it with the regular control pod but it still didnt work...can anybody please try explaining how to hook up a simple gear door?

Edited by u2020bullet

I am having the same problem! :wallbash:

However, my geardoor has a custom id with a custom texture.

I have the door as a persistent reference and I am using the "Vault door script."

The activator is using the "V03controlPodScript" and is a linked reference towards the custom gear door.

I think the problem u2020bullet is that the door u are using has to be a door and not an activator. I just noticed that the door I am using is classified as an activator when it should be a door.

The solution for me would be to use the rusty gear door to vault 19(prob want to use this one since it is an actual working gear door just needs to loose the rust :verymad: ) and change its ID in order to create a new object and then use the BSA browser from FOMM to find the texture for example, the VGearDoor01.NIF (If u want a nice clean, non rusty looking vault door), for which, the default object in NV is an activator but u can use its skin on the new door w/ the new id. Be sure to include the extracted object in your meshes folder in your mod folder. Stupid new vegas didn't include a new and non rusty vault gear door actually classified as a door! :mad:

Sorry kind of a convoluted solution but it worked for me.

Edited by mirage5600

i solved it, some dude posted a working script in one of the threads :)

ScriptName DoorSwitchScript

ref door

Begin OnActivate

set door to GetLinkedRef

If door.GetOpenState == 3

door.SetOpenState 1

Elseif door.GetOpenState == 1

door.SetOpenState 0

Endif

Activate

End

use that script for your activator :)

oh, and if the door has activators on both sides, than make one activator "open by default" :)

let me know if you run into any more problems :)

Edited by u2020bullet