How do you marry Lydia?

XunAmarox

Yes that would be a great mod idea making her essentail, I always revert to a last save if she ever dies. It wouldn't be the same. Edited by Thor.

you can get the id by clicking her and typign "gbo" to obtain id's in game it works on NPCs and items. I don't know if you can initiate dialogue for romance while she is following you, make her wait perhaps?

you can get the id by clicking her and typign "gbo" to obtain id's in game it works on NPCs and items. I don't know if you can initiate dialogue for romance while she is following you, make her wait perhaps?

GBO in my game does not work.. says command not found.

I did manage to get Lydias base id by using the information from a prior post in this thread.

help lydia 0

provided some info along with her base id

I could then set her to essential .

after exiting the console and going back in I verified with the isessential inquiry to see she was toggled to 1 .

From what I can see there is really no need to set these companions to essential as they dont' seem killable by other NPCS.

Least I dont think so. I do know you can accidentally kill your own if your character gets a killing blow in via some nasty AOE spell or something

during the fight with some nasty.

I apologize for the bad console advice-- I had my FNV commands mixed up, my fault. as for not beign able to marry her this is a confirmed glitch, however a workaround is simple, at least according to the wiki. Select Lydia in the console and enter "addfac 19809 1" then speak to her with the amulet equipped. This should work according to the scripting as it assigns her the properties of an NPC eligible for proposal. I haven't gotten the oppurtunity to test it out yet, but I will ASAP

I haven't gotten the oppurtunity to test it out yet, but I will ASAP

It works! Great workaround...thank you! :)

Lydia is so warm and sweet....it's making me re-think my marriage to the somewhat less affectionate Muiri. :)

Edited by LadyAubrie

Unfortunately, at this point I'm already married to Jordis the Sword-Maiden, but I also already figured that out. I also discovered "addtofaction 8c84d 0" to make a non-companion waifu into one that will travel with you and fight for you. Doesn't seem to work on other npc's though. I tried making Babette into a companion and it did nothing! Didn't let me marry her either, haha....

I tried killing Jordis, but.... it wouldn't let me remarry for some reason. I wonder if I have to wait after she's dead to remarry... Oh well, whatever. It's not like the marriage thing even does ANYTHING in this game. It's woefully underwhelming. No fade to black sex scene or anything. Just "Welcome home dear. Back from some adventure I bet!" and uh... cooking you something... giving you money from a store... there's zero romance. It's SO disappointing.

I mean honestly, I've heard "I own hollyfrost farm outside the city. It's honest work, if a bit dull." more than wife dialog, and I get a strong urge to just straight up kill that guy every time he decides to walk up to me and say that...

Edited by XunAmarox