Liberate Haafingar quest bugged.

Beriallord

Just an update.

I'm sorted! Yahoo! Although, it could be one or a combination of three things.

First, I did "completeallobjectives CWObj" (how I missed that from the command list I don't know, derp, thanks for pointing it out kitty <3 [you have to do this before actually completing the quest of course]).

Next, I left the town and it was still bugged. Bumbled around in the wild for a while until I got attacked by an Ancient Dragon (I'd had big drama music since the quest had begun) and killed that.

Then I went to Whiterun and slept for 24h.

Woke up and all is good in the world and Solitude is a destination chock full of NPC goodness again. And no fires.

So, if anyone else is having the same kind of troubles as I had give that sequence a go and hopefully you'll be ok. And, thanks again kitty for pointing me to that console command.

SOLVED FOR ME.

I will try to explain how.

When I got this issue, I give up on this, and go to do some other stuff.

After a lot of quest/days I try again yesterday, I got the quest and I go to the fort, but I NEVER GO IN.

I wait outside for my men to kill everyone at safe distance I never attacked or being attack.

http://i.imgur.com/FPa1l.jpg

The quest finish, but "liberate haafingar" still remains, then go to the camp, and go near the NPC, but DON'T press anything.

He give you 1200 gold and say you need to go to speak to Ulfric Stormcloak, if this work, the destination point in the map is near Solitude

Go to Ulfric and don't press anything until he stops speaking and when the battle begins, destroy every wooden structures that blocks the doors.

until you get to the door you need to enter.

Everything works for me in this way, I can't say what exactly happens, but it works.

I hope it helps.

Regards.

Edited by BUDA20

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

hey guys, i don't know if this working for you, but it actually worked for me

it's simple ,just wait 24 hours on the camp, and fast travel to riften stables

and then back to the camp, and the quest line will pop-up..

tell me if this worked.. & sorry my english is bad, :thumbsup:

but the quest still bugged on journal, so i use "player.setstage CWObj 255"

Edited by schyze

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have this and another problem not sure if there's a fix for this yet but I couldn't find an answer anywhere and this is the closest discussion to my problem - I have the above problem where there is no dialogue option for Galmar, and now whenever I try to enter Solitude for the battle my game crashes...bump?

• 10 months later...

Hi guys, I know it's a dead post, but I wanted to throw in my two cents, just in case anyone else was having this problem and couldn't find a fix.

I'm beginning to suspect (although I am no expert in this) that the game is trying (and failing) to load a dragon into the Haalmarch Camp. I think (perhaps?) the game detects the dragon, but does not actually insert it physically into the game, thus not allowing you to open the dialogue with Galdur. Again, this is only a theory, and it could be any number of other things.

But I was still able to find something of a fix.

I went back and replayed the taking of the Fort. Then I returned to camp to report in. Still, Galdur wouldn't speak to me.

So I reloaded and did it again. I cleared the fort, then returned back to base. Again, nothing from Galdur but a generic message to meet Ulfric in Solitude, same old thing that's giving us all problems.

So I reloaded and took over the Fort a third time. Lo and behold, when I made it back to camp, Galdur's dialogue box opened and I was allowed to "Report In".

I did absolutely nothing different between the three playthroughs. That's why I think, the cell sometimes tries to load a dragon upon your return, and sometimes it doesn't. I believe that Galdur's dialogue box does, in fact, work IF the game isn't trying to load a dragon into the camp.

After I spoke to him, the "Liberate Haalfangar" quest line still was not complete, but he DID give me instructions to meet Ulric in Solitude, WITH DIFFERENT DIALOGUE than what we've been getting, and it even threw in a nifty waypoint (though Solitude and the Blue Palace were still not visible on the map.)

So off I went, and we entered the city to invade.

This was the weird part. The game LOOKS like it has locked you into an endless battle with the imperials. Staying in the opening area guarantees that you will be fighting the legion forever. What I did, instead, was push forward without my group. I NEVER received a percentage counter for the soldiers. Ulfric never said anything. There were no given directions on what to do.

As I pressed forward to each new zone, I destroyed the blockades blocking the gates. Then and only then would my group press through. Finally we arrived at the Blue Palace, and (with there being nothing mentioning this in the journal) a small objective arrow was placed over the Blue Palace door. I entered the door, and the story essentially was back on track, with the characters and objectives acting normally.

So, the fix (if you could call it that) I suppose is to play through the Fort Snowhawk (is it Snowhawk? I don't even care at this point) mission a few times, until whatever is glitching the Stormcloak Camp cell decides not to appear. Talk to Galdur and report in (when he finally lets you), proceed to Solitude, destroy all barriers, and look for the objective arrow at the door of the Blue Palace and enter.

If anyone else is able to do this, please report in. Good luck!

Edited by DSarradet

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, had the same problem after taken fort hraggstad for the liberation of haafingar, i did find a simpeler solution: when you return to the camp don't go near Galmar, instead take position where you can take him out with the bow, crouch, make yourself invisible an from behind a rock or tent shoot the son of a b**** to oblivion (make sure to have enough potions of invisibility), you have to do it very fast with 2 arrows (sneak damage) and poison.........When he is on the ground you can come out like nothing really happened (he did'n't spot you, so he will not be hostile)...when you enter the tent he will talk to you and the quest continious....Maybe it has something to do with a dragon attack like mentioned before, and maybe the dying effect (he is essential) is triggering some side effects,but anyway this worked for me....

• 7 months later...

I see a lot of people are getting hung up on completeting the Haafinger quest, before completing Battle of Solitude, ( you need to complete both Hraggstad and the Battle of Solitude, to complete leberate Haafinger. This is what I did, I reloaded prior to The battle for Hraggstad, went to see Galmar Stone-Fist at the stormcloak camp to start quest, did the battle for Hragggstad quest, went back to see Galmar Stone-Fist, ( at this time you will see " go see Ulfric Stormcloak in text only", ( I had to go to the palce at Windhelm) went back to see Galmar Stone-Fist, at this time the Battle of Solitude quest showed up, ( the leberate Haafinger quest still shows up because it includes both the Hraggstad and the Battle of Solitude ) the arrow stays over on Galmar Stone-Fist, ( so what, de select it on your Journal so that the remaing quest is the Battle of Solitude quest) you will then meet Ulfric Stormcloak outside of Solitude, as you approach him you will see things on fire outside the gates, when you get up to him he will be giving a war rally speech to the troops, ( let him have his circle jerk with the troops) and then when he is finished follow him for the Battle of Solitude, complete this quest and you will then see that the leberate Haafinger has been completed!! ( the key here is it is easy to miss the text that says " go see Ulfric Stormcloak " ) anyways that was it for me!!!.....................continue.................

Edited by skimywhistler