Unable to select "Data Files" option in launcher

dreadbayne

• 4 months later...

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog. http://s1.zetaboards.../4751769/1/#new

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

Edit: Fixed bad link :wallbash:

If the Skyrim folder where the skyrimpref.ini file is stored, is marked "read only" it won't save the changes.

Right click on the folder, then click on options, then uncheck the read only box.

I tried both the Nexus Mod Manager and the Elder Scrolls Mod Manager and neither worked. The Data Files one that comes with the game works perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...
Locate the file C:\Users\{your user name}\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini. Open it and search for the [Launcher] section. Add this line: "bEnableFileSelection=1" (without quotes)

Worked, Arcadiast.

Open in Notepad>>Find Launcher. It's about halfway through the ini.

Not sure if it helps but i also removed the 'read only' status from program files main directory.

• 1 year later...

Locate the file C:\Users\{your user name}\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini. Open it and search for the [Launcher] section. Add this line: "bEnableFileSelection=1" (without quotes)

Courtesy of "Volek" from his Readme for his mod "Longer Sprinting". I dont know if he was the one who actually found it but I have copied the text from his Readme so i credit him.

You sir, just saved my day. Thank you.