Skyrim doesn't go full screen

Proximately

I found a solution that worked for me. Go into "My Documents," open "My Games," then open "Skyrim" and open "SkyrimPrefs.ini." From there, change the value of "bFull Screen" from 0 to 1. This did not work for me when I opened the *.ini in the Skyrim directory, but this fixed it immediately. You may have to adjust the resolution while you are in the *ini file. Directly below "bFull Screen" is "iSize H=(X)" and "iSize W=(Y)." If your resolution appears low and you are unable to open the "SkyrimLauncher" to adjust this, you can set your screen resolution here. I hope this helps everyone having an issue with the Fullscreen problem.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finally solved this issue. It wasn't a bug with the game but with path finding in the computer.

I had set the language to english everywhere except for in the "Advanced" section in the language settings in the control panel. There I had "Japanese". This messed with the path finding for both New Vegas and Skyrim when I tried launching them. So that was my problem, if somebody else stumbles across this problem I hope this can help. :-/

• 1 month later...

I found a solution that worked for me. Go into "My Documents," open "My Games," then open "Skyrim" and open "SkyrimPrefs.ini." From there, change the value of "bFull Screen" from 0 to 1. This did not work for me when I opened the *.ini in the Skyrim directory, but this fixed it immediately. You may have to adjust the resolution while you are in the *ini file. Directly below "bFull Screen" is "iSize H=(X)" and "iSize W=(Y)." If your resolution appears low and you are unable to open the "SkyrimLauncher" to adjust this, you can set your screen resolution here. I hope this helps everyone having an issue with the Fullscreen problem.

Thank you!!!!!

After soooo much frustration! I had to fix the path of "my documents" and re-run the game-- After the game ran, it created the new "SkyrimPrefs.ini" file and it now runs works full screen!

Before I fixed the path, I was just editing the "SkyrimPrefs.ini" file found in the game folder and I was having no luck.

Thanks again!

Edited by skidog

"

For Full-Screen, open up your skyrimprefs.ini (in my games\skyrim) find the setting:

bFull Screen=

Make sure it is set to 1.

Not sure about the saves......

"

Thanks HeyYou! Just got a new computer and the game and was frustrated! Glad I found your reply! Worked simple and easily.

Edited by ceebit

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought Skyrim (yesterday) off of Steam and I've been having the same problem as the OP. I tried changing the bFull Screen=1, and manually set the resolution but to no avail. Every time I start the launcher I uncheck 'windowed' mode (even though it automatically rechecks it each time I close it) and set the resolution to 1280 x 1024 (also resets itself to default every time game is closed). I haven't put it into compatibility mode or anything either. My language settings are fine as well.

I'm using:

Windows 7 64-bit

Latest version of steam/DirectX

AMD Radeon HD6800 Series

I am currently waiting on the ticket I sent to Bethesda.

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with my problem?

Since i reïnstalled DirectX10, (my pc crashed, so i didn't have all files anymore) Skyrim is and stays in windowed mode, wich is really annoying.

I tried setting the bFullscreen to 1, but that didn't have any effect.

Then i tried the Simple Borderless Window file, but it still didn't change to full screen.

I also tried alt+enter and still nothing.

However, Skyrim is downloaded and i can't reach Options in the SkyrimLauncher.

But before my crash it was full screen and now it stays windowed.

Can anyone help me?

This is really annoying!

• 4 weeks later...

SUCCESS! I tried just about everything else with no results. Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...