Toggle Always Run Is Killing Me

kberling

Yep, got the same problem. When entering a conversation or cutscene and holding down the shift key at the same time, the game thinks I'm still holding it down when I exit the conversation/cutscene.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. My problem was that only if i looted something (view the loot with "E" and take everything by pressing "R") my char switched to walk (when running was enabled earlier/by default).

In the keyboard settings ingame there was "Run" set on the button "R" so i just set it to something i won't use like "L" and the problem was solved.

Before i also tried editing the bAlwaysRunByDeault=1 setting or thought about that a mod caused that issue and toggle caps lock.

None of these were working - so sometimes the easiest way is most hard to find :D

Maybe someone finds this helpful.

• 1 month later...

This is a really annoying problem and probably caused by the game engine itself as mentioned above. Well, at least I'm now aware of what causes the problem.

So, if you want to prevent the game from inverting your SHIFT key functionality:

- Do not activate anything (e.g. container, loading door, inventory/spells menu, NPC dialogue with options etc.) while holding down the SHIFT key.

And if you currently have the inverted SHIFT key functionality:

- Activate anything (e.g. open up your inventory, a container, etc.) *without* holding down the SHIFT key, and then close it while holding down the SHIFT key. Same for loading doors (i.e. doors that take you another cell), activate the door without holding down the SHIFT key, and then upon seeing the loading screen hold down the SHIFT key until you're transferred to the destination cell.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The issue seems to be more than just walk/run toggle. Whenever i alt-tab to the steam overlay, it makes everything caps locked so i cant chat normally. I have binded the walk/run key to something else (f7) and it still happens.
I'll try the above mod anyway to see if it will help, but it'll probably wont.

• 2 years later...

Same problem here, and I even remapped it from Capslock to L, because I never touch any key there. Usually happens when I move during a killscene or when I enter a place and still press W. F*cking annoying.