Nightingale Dagger

Joolander

When I first received the Nightingale Blade, I was expecting it to be a dagger (for some reason)

It just seems to me that a dagger would fit the sneaktheif MO of the Nightingales better than a regular sword

basically what I am suggesting is that someone familiar with meshing could create a non-replacer nightingale dagger out of the Nightingale Blade Mesh. If I understand properly, you could even use the same texture as the blade

Just a thought

Edited by Joolander

I second this suggestion. One of my characters is now head of the thieves guild and has the nightingale set ... but a sword? Come on! What sneaky type would rush into battle headlong with a sword (not two swords, not a sword and shield, but one weapon only)? It's utterly useless, since any sneaky type worth their salt (imo) should be dual wielding daggers, and making excellent use of the backstab and assassin's blade perks whenever they're not using a bow.

Of course, my character is using dual daggers, but sadly they don't match the armour ... and besides every single dagger in the game clips with the nightingale armour set. Well, every dagger I've found and tried anyway, and that's been quite a lot. I can't speak for male characters, but on my female bosmer all the daggers clip through the thigh on the armour. The daedric ones are particularly bad, almost the whole blade is embedded in the thigh. Ouch!

It need not be an enchanted weapon, in fact I generally prefer to enchant them myself.

[Edited for typos and so on.]

Edited by LadySheogorath

When you meet Karliah she has attached to her thieves guild armor, a tapered dagger in a sheath, with a handle that features the head of some sort of bird of prey as the pommel.

Building off of this and turning it into a usable dagger would IMO be the ideal course of action.

http://i39.tinypic.com/sb2elu.png

• 4 years later...