⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

BSA Unpackaging

cecil101

EDIT: Turning this into a resource for people with BSA unpackaging issues.

-Will continue to update as information becomes avaliable

Hyperlinks in Red

Ok, i'm trying to unpackage Skyrim BSAs for Nifskope. Only proplem is I cannot find a program that unpackages them for Nifskope to use. I know the answer is out there somewhere... so, here's what i've tried and what happened as a resault. lol :wallbash: I love the wallbash emo xD

FoMM = Cant get past the "can not find the Fallout 3 directory" (According to DizzasterJuice and MShoap13, creating a dummy .exe file for FO3 will help with this. Or you can try Smosh's idea below

When you right click on a bsa file just associate it with FOMM. Then when you double click it it will open up in FOMM.

BSA Unpacker = got an error screen while loading in nifskope (use FO3 Archive Utility if you get a memory usage error

FO3 Archive Utililty = got another error screen while loading in nifskope (Use older NifScope version (NifSkope 1.1.0-rc4 link thanks to MShoap13)

BSA Commander = was unable to unpack any skyrim BSA -Doesn't work for Skyrim - Needs updating - Thanks to MShoap13

BSA Browser = Any info or errors please report

BSAopt = --Only compatable with Vista / 7-- Any info or errors please report

This LINK says what versions of everything i have (Blender, NifSkope, plugins, etc.)

NifSkope version is 1.0.22 (Newest version) is incompatible with Skyrim!

Any thoughts, insights.... solutions? lol

Thanks to:

DizzasterJuice

MShoap13

Smosh

Paxan_1

Edited by cecil101

http://sourceforge.net/projects/niftools/files/nifskope/1.1.0/

Your version of NifSkope is incompatible with Skyrim's meshes. That's the newest version though there's still a few issues to be ironed out in it.

Hi,

after you have extracted the archive you need to "mod" your nifscope, so that it can deal with the Skyrim Nif files. Here is a link where you can find a link to the xml you need:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1284257-modding-skyrim-with-tessnip-and-nifskope/

Have fun,

Sarah

This is the Tutorial i'm using. I'm not using the tutorial on the blender nexus DL page.

Reverting back to the older version of NifSkope as posted by MShoap13 worked great with FO3 archive utility BSA unpacker.

Will i still need to dl the xml thing and mod the newer version of NifSkope or can i wait for a patch of sorts to become availiable for it?

And as for blender.... I havent even started with that... lol

EDIT: i cant believe myself :( Thank you both for helping me out

Edited by cecil101

FOMM = Cant get past the "can not find the Fallout 3 directory"

FOMM works fine for extracting Skyrim. If you don't have FO3 or FONV you can make a copy of your Skyrim.exe and re-name it Fallout 3.

I don't even think you have to go that far. When you right click on a bsa file just associate it with FOMM. Then when you double click it it will open up in FOMM.