Skyrim crashes on completing Potema quest

museix

• 2 months later...

I have same issues, but not have yarlclothes folder, i use a mix of steam and nexus mod, but if the problem of Potema Crash is the modify at jarl dress i will try to deactivate (then reactivate) dress mod

Edit: :) good, it work! Thanks a lot!

Edited by arkija

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello! I am having issues with this quest as well, however the CTD occurs at the part before the iron bars come down and before she starts resurrecting the dead from a pit (this is before the fight with the inner circle) however it's not that the gates dont come down, it's that when I killed the last standing draugur a CTD happens, and now I'm stuck in this infinite loop with no prior saves to the CTD so as soon as I load my game I crash in the loading screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Simply rename the file by adding ren in front of yarlclothes3 (renyarlsclothes3). That way you can easily change it back after and have Jarl Elisif look as spiffy as ever. Much better than deleting files.

My memory is so bad that right now when I am playing this quest again, that I had to relook up this answer. Fortunately, it was the right and simplest answer. Just need to remember to change it back so Elisif will look resplendent in her Rustic Clothing texture over the Killer Keos mesh.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here it is 2017 and this is still an issue, I had forgotten about it until I played this quest tonight. This worked for me but you would think after all these years there would be an actual fix. I looked at the nifs and the textures lead to the BSA, must be something in the BSA path that is causing this problem that's the most logical possibility, oh well. Four years later, Thanks.

• 11 months later...