Rising at Dawn

Sadhudeva

Hey guys I was trying to cure vampirism but I've run into a problem. At the point where I have to "Meet Fallion at Dawn" I was blood-starved so I travelled to Morthal to feed. But somehow this triggered that part of the quest. And now Fallion is back at his house, and the quest keeps saying "Speak to Fallion" but he has nothing to say about the quest. I quicksaved after I fed on someone so Im really stuck here. Anyone help would be great...I have no idea what to do :( Edited by Sadhudeva

Something similar to this happened to me.But I didn't have time to feed,as soon as I went to Morthal the whole town attacked me,I had to run 10 miles straight with tgm on to stay alive,then I completed my quest with the console. >:D

How can I finish this with the console? Because im prety sure the game thinks Fallion performed the ritual, but he hasnt. Hes back at his house and staying there. I waited at the ritual site he dont turn up...

The quest marker just points to him at his house, saying "speak with fallion"

Edited by Sadhudeva

How To Cure Vampirism

■Ask any bartender about any rumors going around, and they will tell you that Falion in Morthal studies vampires. (Try not to be in stage 4, because it is near impossible to speak to him)

Speak to him and he will tell you that, in order to perform the ritual, a black soul gem must be filled. (You cannot use The Black Star as a substitute, only a black soul gem can be used to perform the ritual.)

To get the black soul gem, you need to speak to Falion again and he will offer to sell it to you or you can pickpocket it from him. (you can also obtain the black soul gem in other various, cheaper ways)

To fill it, cast a Soul Trap spell on a target from any of the ten playable races (this includes hostile NPCs like bandits and forsworn) and proceed to kill them, absorbing their soul.

Now that your black soul gem is filled, return to Falion, who will tell you to meet him at dawn (around 6 A.M.) at the summoning circle. At the appointed place and time, you will be cured.

CAUTION: If you are at stage four of Vampirism, he will attack you at the summoning circle.

■It may happen that Falion will meet you at the summoning circle but will not offer to cure you. He will not offer the quest dialogue if he is standing too far from the stone circle.

If this happens, simply sprint toward him, and he will step back after a couple of moments (as per any NPC/companion).

After he has moved back a few times, he should be close enough to begin the dialogue and commence the ritual (tested on PS3, PC and Xbox 360). Another way to move him is to attack him until he submits. When he recovers from submission, if he ends up close enough to the ritual site, he will immediately offer to cure you of Vampirism, otherwise he will resume combat.

■Falion's quest is repeatable, and can be used multiple times to clean yourself of vampirism.

■Becoming a Werewolf cures Vampirism. (This only works if you contract Lycanthropy as a quest reward; i.e from the Companions' questline.)

■(On PC) Another way of curing vampirism is via console commands; open the console and type:

1. player.resetstage eafd5

2. player.setstage eafd5 10

Unlike lycanthropy, they managed not to go overly dramatic, crazy and dumb with the vampirism cure script. If you want to become a vampire again after being cured, just do resetquest eafd5 and the block is lifted.

Bugs

Upon arriving at the summoning circle during the Speak to Falion objective, Falion may be standing outside the circle, which will prevent you from continuing the objective this quest. In order to complete the objective you must force him into the circle, either by luring him into the circle by attacking and calming him or by nudging him little by little into the circle. Once he is in the circle, speaking with Falion will trigger the next stage of the quest.

Hope this help

Edited by sergiobor

• 2 years later...

I have an issue you see I don't ever intend to cure my vampirism and I didn't mean to get the Rising At dawn quest, is there a mod that changes the quest so that you can complete it but remain a vampire instead of being cured I just want it out of my quest log, or am I stuck with it, I suppose i could just do it but I'm using better vampires 6.6 and don't know how that will affect my character if I cure it since I don't want to redevelop my powers since I am highest ranking vampire according to the mod

and don't know how that will affect my character if I cure it since I don't want to redevelop my powers since I am highest ranking vampire according to the mod

All Better vampires stats are preserved when you get cured of vampirism.

As a side note, I use this mod to prevent unwanted quests from automatically starting: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26359/?