Potential DLC Detailed - GAME JAM

chocolambot

I have always kinda protected Skyrim and Bethesda in arguments against haters, because well... it is an amazing game and they did put a lot of work in it. But after seeing this... Bethesda can screw themselves. All of it was done within one week and it is really essential for good experience as a player. But noooooooo... Srsly, they are d*cks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all those things were made after the game was shipped

Nope,where did you get that from ?

In a past interview Todd said that they experimented with horse combat,spears,and other kinds of mounts but they finally decided not to include them because they wouldn't fit the gamestyle they wanted to be on the 'spotlight'.

Complete feature list:

Seasonal Foliage

Trees drop their leaves in Automn,are without them in Winter,flourish in Spring...

Waterflow Shader

A shader that removes the hard edges from the area that water stops and dry land starts,like in Crysis.

Spears

Self explanatatery.

Magic Killcams.

Cutscenes for when you finish an enemy with magic attacks.

Assassin View.

Special shader that makes you spot assassination targets easier.

Guards Lighting up unliten torches.

Paralyze spells

Various Dungeon gameplay mechanics like moving platforms,other kind of puzzles...

Water dungeons with current water flow.

Dark Dungeons.Self explanatatery.

Improved followers.

Choose their combat style,decide their favourites.

Adoptation.

Adopt an orphan child.

Build your own home.

Spell Combination.

The ability to combine two spells of differet kind (e.g. health restoration and fear) to come up with a brand new effect.

Goblins.

Known old enemy that also was in Oblivion.

Waygate Fast Travel.

Instead of fast traveling through a menu,they thought of placing special portals around the world so you can fast travel from portal to portal.

New Mounts.

Mounts other than horses.

Mounted Combat.(Including Dragons)

Soulbug familiar. (A huge bug that follows you and helps you)

Kinect Shouts.

Yell to the microphone and have your character yell a shout.

Underwater Shaders.

Effects for the movement of currents and waves,bubbles,and other things you would see if your character was diving.

Footprints on snow.

Ice and fire arrows.

Werebear.

Form player can get.

Lycanthropy skill tree,complete with perks.

Vampire Lord.

Play as ancient vampire lord,with completely new character model with feathers,tail and horns.

Giant Mudcrab Boss

After I watched this,I yelled inside me WHY YOU DIDN'T f***ing INCLUDED THEM ???

:psyduck:

i have the feeling they wanted/want to create a call of duty modern warfare scenario where all those cool mod would have been for download separatly for a price via the workshop.

"what if we worked like that more often?" , lolz

Edited by lolozori

Wow. I honestly wish some of it would have been in the game already, but it's cool. I'd still go for DLC of this, excluding things like the water shader, ambient occlusion, we can already do that and consoles can't handle it so I know that wouldn't happen. Although, some of the stuff doesn't fit into the game, definitely. I know others will disagree, but releasing a giant cluster of unrelated material, even if it'd be fun as crap to have a flaming, undead horse, makes for a disjointed and confusing game which is much harder to get into overall. It'd be easy to go overboard and just add all this in the base game, but that's just releasing a messy game. As for snow footprints, dungeons with flowing water, (aren't there a couple like that anyway? Anyway.) horse combat, magic kill cams, and so on, that'll never make DLC, unless they put out a FREE (I emphasize free, absolutely do NOT charge for miniscule things. Until it's like, 50 miniscule things together, otherwise it's a rip-off. Horse armor, anyone?) DLC/sort-of-update-thing that includes various little things like that. One thing I would pay for is a spear (although they need worked quite a bit) and flail addon. I've wanted fricking flails forever. Maybe another weapon type to sweeten the deal. Perks for them would be even better, but I'm not much into Skyrim perks anyway. They seem to just increase damage/chances/etc for the most part. Only a few add interesting new mechanics.

Oh well, I'd just like to see all this released at some point, in some form, regardless. Mainly because it seems a bit bad to let it go to waste when it's perfectly good content.

Yeah, the greed is frustrating. Not only is the staff's creativity not being fully utilised to generate of the kind of game we want to play, it only took them a week to do all that when the patches they released couldn't even fix the existing issues and introduced new ones. Net result is, we get a crapper game and they're holding back a better game for slow-release, chargeable DLC. I hope the modding community beats them to it and does it better.