Recording Dialogue Audio (Help please)

Briz9

I want to record some place-holder dialogue for some NPCs I'm creating. However, when I select the 'Configure' button and select my microphone as the input, another dialogue box pops up and asks me to select the audio format. However, the box is empty, so there is nothing to select, and no way to type anything in. The only thing it will let me do is hit 'Cancel', so then it defaults back to the incorrect input.

I also tried working around this by recording the audio in a separate program, and placing the file in the Data/Sound/Voice directory so I could just select it in the dialogue options menu. However, only the default files seem to be listed there, and there's no way to "browse" to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I want to record some place-holder dialogue for some NPCs I'm creating. However, when I select the 'Configure' button and select my microphone as the input, another dialogue box pops up and asks me to select the audio format. However, the box is empty, so there is nothing to select, and no way to type anything in. The only thing it will let me do is hit 'Cancel', so then it defaults back to the incorrect input.

I also tried working around this by recording the audio in a separate program, and placing the file in the Data/Sound/Voice directory so I could just select it in the dialogue options menu. However, only the default files seem to be listed there, and there's no way to "browse" to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Bump, having the same issue. I even set my mic as the default sound recorder for my pc, but still nothing.

more research is needed for this, as Voice acting is a major part of any mod.

This is a copy-paste of another forum I posted on.

Some of us want to hear our own voices or use other people speaking on tracks. So I have the solution for that. I've also covered everything from creating your own "Voicetype" folder, and the proper formats.

From what I've seen there isn't an easy fix for this, but I did figure out a workaround if you're trying to record audio for an NPC.

Point Blank: The record button on the CK is absolute garbage. I'm seeing post after post where people open up the "configure" button only to be met by an empty "import format" pop-up with no data and no way to click ok.

If we can't use CK to record with our mics then lets get Audio software. I personally pay for mixcraft because I record music, but audacity should work.

Then Record whatever you want to save on that software. When you export your recorded audio, you have to save it in .WAV format, 16 samples(bit), mono channel. The file name you should use will be listed on the "response" tab right above the record, preview, save, buttons. Place this newly created file into your VoiceType folder. I created my own by right clicking in the "VoiceType" menu and selecting new. It asks for a name and that's it. Once you have your audio inside that file, then select your NPC and give him that voicetype from the drop down menu.

Go back to the response window and you should see your .wav file in the window above the record button. Double click and you can hear your audio! You're not done yet though. Look below this window for a generate lip file button. To the right of it should be a "from Wav" dot. Select that and click the generate lip file button. What you just did was create a lip synching file so it looks like the NPC is actually talking.

Start up skyrim and see if it worked!

This is the most ridiculous workaround I've ever had to do, but it works even with the glitchy CK record buttons. To make it fast, find your voicetype folder outside of CK and right click then send to desktop so you have a handy shortcut. Makes it easy to drop sounds in there. Goodluck.