Texturing problem in creation kit

Noxman

Hey there,

Got a problem with a new worldspace im making. On normal flat unedited ground it seems to texture normally but on slightly raised ground

it has started painting horrible black blotches and some kind of seam has appeared. I can't paint over the blackness and the seam won't go

away.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/images/50263-1329843154.jpg

Absolutely no idea whats wrong or how to resolve it, any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nox

HAS VERTEX COLORS set to YES in NifSkope in the edited NiTriShapeData? And all the other settings are the same as in the original NIF?

What? The guy's trying to ask why is that happening when creating a new worldspace in CK, not when creating a new model, though the title is a bit misleading.

@NoxMan Although this has nothing to do with modeling, your problem looks a bit like a mesh problem. When it comes to meshes, if you make a hard angle (ex. 90 degrees) and especially after you add more curves to it after that, the shading starts to act weirdly and that part of the mesh looks like that problem you have. Try making the transition between the normal and elevated terrain more smoothly and see if it helps.

Edited by Werne

Not using nifskope or anything, this is the landscape editor in the creation kit itself. No custom textures or anything.

With some experimentation the problem seems to be largely random (I can't recreate it) but when it occurs I just keep

blanketting the area with a different texture and one of them eventually works again.

So no ideas as to what the problem is but at least I can keep on modding.

Yeah I think im pretty sure its related to the transitions from flat ground to edited ground although I have now seen it

occuring on very slight inclines. Seems a bit trial and error really, occaisionally it just decides to form a seam where

the land is at an incline and starts going black, the above technique gets rid of it eventually.

Edited by Noxman

• 3 weeks later...
I have the exact same problem but it happens on unedited ground with me too, usually when using a grass texture without the grass models for example, then switching to dirt path or certain other textures, nothing I do will let me put these textures there but others may work fine, I am pretty sure I had the same problem with F3 and New Vegas. Some of the Creation Kit bugs makes you wonder what it was like before they delayed it a few months to "fix problems"!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem but it happens on unedited ground with me too, usually when using a grass texture without the grass models for example, then switching to dirt path or certain other textures, nothing I do will let me put these textures there but others may work fine, I am pretty sure I had the same problem with F3 and New Vegas. Some of the Creation Kit bugs makes you wonder what it was like before they delayed it a few months to "fix problems"!

Your problem might be the excess of textures in your cell. I don't know if that can be part of the OP problem too since this should have nothing to do with elevation. In landscape mode, press "i" when your mouse is hovering the cell you want to edit (to see the cell's borders, press "b"). The cell texture window should appear where you might have to delete/replace some textures to make room for the new texture you want to add.