Creation Kit NPC Facial Textures Help

LieutenantHawk

OK, I read through a million of these and nothing worked, EXCEPT FOR ONE THING.
IF YOU HAVE ANY TEXTURE MODS FOR THE FACE ON THERE WILL BE THE FOREHEAD MAKEUP BUG. Say for example, I have CBBE installed with SG textures for the face and body --- I temporarily uninstalled my SG textures in NMM and started my mod in the CK again and now all the faces look NORMAL! HUZZAH! Then just Ctrl+F4 as normal!
I hope this works for you guys!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a known bug. easier is backup Data \ Textures \ Actors \ Character \ Character assets \ tintmasks then empty the folder everytime you modify a characters face. Once done modifying replace with the backup. less chance of messing up how you have your character setup.

What is the worst issue with that bug it the original tintmasks exported from the .bsa and placed in that folder will cause the same problem. atleast in my tests it did.

• 2 weeks later...

Preeum, thank you SO much for explaining it that way! You made me realize I can just disable the offending texture mods in Mod Organizer, so easy. Now the red forehead is gone and I didn't have to empty any of my manually installed files out of my tintmasks folder. Kudos to you! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Do this

Delete or rename the following file

(YOUR_SKYRIM_INSTALL_PATH)\Data\textures\actors\character\character assets\tintmasks\femaleuppereyesocket.dds

It's actually a fix suggested by Cotyounoyume on Nexus for his Edialog mod, but since that is the same effect (or a pretty similar one at least), it might be worth a try and less of a hassle.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I wanted to mod Sylgja to be a vampire and marry her. I made her look good in creation kid and even exported. The only two master files to this plugin are Skyrm.esm and Dawnguard.esm. I named the plugin Sylgja.esp Yet when playing the game everything checks out, hair clothes ect. but that stupid mother f*#@ing face bug is still present where her face is black/brown (was gray in regular edition). Bethesda just didn't know how to code/write this stuff did they?

• 7 months later...

I wanted to mod Sylgja to be a vampire and marry her. I made her look good in creation kid and even exported. The only two master files to this plugin are Skyrm.esm and Dawnguard.esm. I named the plugin Sylgja.esp Yet when playing the game everything checks out, hair clothes ect. but that stupid mother f***ing face bug is still present where her face is black/brown (was gray in regular edition). Bethesda just didn't know how to code/write this stuff did they?

Changing the name has nothing to do with what it actually is. You need to use a program to actually set the Master header, not simply rename the file.

• 10 months later...

I have like 5000 hours in ck, (2/3 of that ctd and start over) and the old face bug showed again, where you make the lips red dark and the forehead or the eye socket turns that color. Went through some of my old notes and did this:

I went into textures/actors/character/character assets/ and put a ! in front of tintmasks, you can do that or use a 0 or whatever, so it isnt recognized. Lips were red again, and it worked again.

Sometimes ctrl+altF4 doesnt change or show in game. I go to textures/actors/character/FaceGenData do the same thing to Face Tint. Open ck, alt+F4 on the character(s) that were changed. Ck creates a new Face Tint file. Copy those contents into the old Face Tint file you had renamed. Delete the new Face Tint file remove the character you put in front of the old one and it should work this time, most of the time anyway.

I think when you use "verify integrity of game files" in steam it puts it back. Check there first if it starts doing it again.

FYI