Skyrim CTD

rilax

Hello,

I have been having trouble with Skyrim.

Every time i set the texture quality to high the game just CTD's.

When i set it on medium everything is fine, the strange part is that my rig should be more then enough for skyrim.

Does anybody have a clue on how i can solve this because it is getting really reeaallyy annoying.

Thanks btw here are my specs

CPU: Intel I7 2600

GPU: Nvidia GTX 590

RAM: 8GB

PSU: 920 watt

(already used the LAA fix so skyrim uses more then 2GB)

Skyrim uses more than 2GB without any fixes for quite a while now. If you have been playing it since its release and have been using those fixed/performance boosters you may want to remove them. No longer a nead to launch through a Skyrim 4gb patch exe. Just out of curiosity why would you be using a 32 bit OS? It may not even be letting your computer read half your ram (correct me if I am wrong, but I was pretty sure a 32 bit OS didn't allow for more than 4gb to be used). Great computer though :thumbsup: .

No i didn't mean the 4GB patch, it was something that had to do with the new high-res texture pack or something like that.

But do you think that if i get a 64 bit OS the problems could go away and my pc will be used to it's fullest?

Check your system properties and let me know how much ram it says you have. Here is an example of what I am talking about here . When you go into system information or task manager it should say you only have 4gb total while using 32 bit. ( here is another link to OS memory limits ). I don't know what else could be causing the problem because I have a similar system to yours but I am running a 64 bit OS. Mine is not has high performance because its a laptop but it has 8gb ram +4gb vram and gets 60fps ultra with the Bethesda texture pack without ever crashing.

Anyways, check to see how much memory your system is detecting and if it is only 4gb that may be the problem (+ if that is all its reading it is sort of a waste to even have 8gb). A 64 bit OS should allow you to get the most of your system.

Hello,

I have been having trouble with Skyrim.

Every time i set the texture quality to high the game just CTD's.

When i set it on medium everything is fine, the strange part is that my rig should be more then enough for skyrim.

Does anybody have a clue on how i can solve this because it is getting really reeaallyy annoying.

Thanks btw here are my specs

CPU: Intel I7 2600

GPU: Nvidia GTX 590

RAM: 8GB

PSU: 920 watt

(already used the LAA fix so skyrim uses more then 2GB)

The poster below is absolutely right. 8 GB Ram with a 32bit OS is an absolute waste of ram and you should mail it to me. 32 bit OS limits the memory your system can use to 4GB not even counting the 1 GB of memory that your OS is currently taking. So, suffice it to say, your computer is only utilising 3 GBs of memory at any given moment. As for your issues in crashing, I have been having the same problems with my Skyrim and I turned off all the mods. All I was using was HD Textures and SkyUI with SKSE. Crashes were every 30 seconds to 2 minutes. I turned off HD Textures and Sky UI and ran Skyrim through its original launcher and the game runs fine, smooth, no crashes, no skips, no nothing. There's something up with the HD Textures in this new patch I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. I can't imagine that there is a load order issue when using SkyUI and HD Textures...

I'm going to make an upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit then, was planning on it for a long time but never got around.

I'll let you guys know it this fixes my problem, i've also heard something that the GTX 590 had some incompatibility with steam when you set the textures to high but yeah, i didn't like this steam thing from the start

Edited by rilax