NMM and BOSS?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Commando1701

Commando1701

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 39 posts
Hi. Does NMM use BOSS? I think I've seen a few times it looks for some kind of masterlist, but wasn't looking at it long enough. If it doesn't do I have to download it separately?

worldofscotty

worldofscotty

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
You have to install it originally then NMM updates it

Commando1701

Commando1701

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 39 posts
wowzers thanks

blaa.nOx

blaa.nOx

Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

You have to install it originally then NMM updates it

Im pretty sure I never installed boss but NMM regularly says an updated masterlist is available?!
I think it makes use of it automatically- at least certain features like load order

NoobusExtremus

NoobusExtremus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
To my knowledge, I never installed BOSS and yes, NMM seems to want to download the updated BOSS masterlist. It seems that every time I let it load the udpated BOSS list, my current savegame hangs upon loading. I end of having to kill tesv.exe and load a very early savegame. Once in the game I can load my current savegame and continue.

:confused:

worldofscotty

worldofscotty

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Perhaps in the later versions of NMM it does it for you but I have no idea.

I know a few months back you had to do it yourself

totalwarman

totalwarman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Seems strange because the loading bar never reach the end. I don't know if i have the boss activated or not.

alsoran

alsoran

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 163 posts
This is the latest I could find on NMM and BOSS integration, looking at the changelogs there seems to be little change between versions 15.8 and 16.4, but its rather late and I may have missed something.

http://skyrim.nexusm...?id=78#comments

I have both installed and as far as I can tell, NMM will update the masterlist but I have to run BOSS to sort mods according to the list.

CarlCorey

CarlCorey

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
For me, NMM will update the master list and then, when I run BOSS later, it downloads it again.

alsoran

alsoran

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 163 posts

For me, NMM will update the master list and then, when I run BOSS later, it downloads it again.

Just had a look, it will do if you have update masterlist ticked in the BOSS gui. I have two locations for the masterlist, one in my BOSS directory and one in My Documents\Nexus Mod Manager. It does appear that both apps don't use the same masterlist. I wonder if its worth nipping over to the Mod Manager forum and asking whats going on ....

Edited by alsoran, 12 April 2012 - 02:18 AM.

Page loaded in: 1.227 seconds