NMM and BOSS?

Commando1701

You have to install it originally then NMM updates it

I´m pretty sure I never installed boss but NMM regularly says an updated masterlist is available?!

I think it makes use of it automatically- at least certain features like load order

To my knowledge, I never installed BOSS and yes, NMM seems to want to download the updated BOSS masterlist. It seems that every time I let it load the udpated BOSS list, my current savegame hangs upon loading. I end of having to kill tesv.exe and load a very early savegame. Once in the game I can load my current savegame and continue.

:confused:

This is the latest I could find on NMM and BOSS integration, looking at the changelogs there seems to be little change between versions 15.8 and 16.4, but its rather late and I may have missed something.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/news/article.php?id=78#comments

I have both installed and as far as I can tell, NMM will update the masterlist but I have to run BOSS to sort mods according to the list.

For me, NMM will update the master list and then, when I run BOSS later, it downloads it again.

Just had a look, it will do if you have update masterlist ticked in the BOSS gui. I have two locations for the masterlist, one in my BOSS directory and one in My Documents\Nexus Mod Manager. It does appear that both apps don't use the same masterlist. I wonder if its worth nipping over to the Mod Manager forum and asking whats going on ....

Edited by alsoran