ini not working issues.

dollarcraig93

Ok, so i guess i'm kinda new at this, but it doesn't appear that my ini changes are effecting anything. I'm altering the one in the oblivion folder, trying to tweak for a weaker computer, skip startup movies, etc, with no results. I had the oblivion optimised mod, but i deactivated it because i thought it might be forcing a certain config, but no change. Help?

What .ini? If you mean Oblivion_default.ini, it must not be altered or deleted. It is a template for generating \My documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini(This is what you can tweak), so if you messed it up, you may need to re-install whole game if there's no backup. Edited by LFact

Ok, so i guess i'm kinda new at this, but it doesn't appear that my ini changes are effecting anything. I'm altering the one in the oblivion folder, trying to tweak for a weaker computer, skip startup movies, etc, with no results. I had the oblivion optimised mod, but i deactivated it because i thought it might be forcing a certain config, but no change. Help?

Ok, thank you. Guess I was a little to eager to get started. No worries, I'm decent at patching up my messes, fortunately.