Nexus Mod Manager and Steam workshop

TaighAO

I don't want to use steam workshop. I want to use the Nexus Mod Manager. However, the mods I download are no longer showing up in my data files. At the top it says "skyrim workshop" and below there are no mods to activate. I assume I must have downloaded the steam workshop or something. How can I get my data files to go back to the way they were?

Did you download NMM according to instructions, making the NMM data folder C:Games/Skyrim (Not in your Steam folder).

You might want to try removing all of the mods you have downloaded, wherever they are, and then reload NMM using the suggested defaults. Then when you download through the NMM they should go where they need to be.

Did you download NMM according to instructions, making the NMM data folder C:Games/Skyrim (Not in your Steam folder).

You might want to try removing all of the mods you have downloaded, wherever they are, and then reload NMM using the suggested defaults. Then when you download through the NMM they should go where they need to be.

I just redownloaded everything and two new mods. Neither show up in my data files folder. Is there a way to make sure these mods are launched with the game without double checking with data files? I figure if data files is broken maybe I can just go around it.

Soo, I think I may have misunderstood. You are looking in the data folder to find you mods? Have you opened the NMM interface to see if they show up there?

if you are looking at program files/steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/data that is the wrong file to find apps downloaded by nmm.

They should be found in C;/games/skyrim/mods. (that is the file created by NMM if you use the default, which is recommended).

Are you using the "download with NMM" button when downloading your files? If you do that, it should bring up the NMM user interface. It will show the download process. You need to click on the mod on the mods page (check the box) to install a downloaded mod. It will then show up on the plugins tab page. Any mods you have downloaded through steam will show up on the plugins page, but not the mods page.

People, please. I've been waiting patiently for nearly 3 hours now. I'd just like to try out these mods. Does no one on these forums no how I can use these mods without activating them on my launcher's "data files" option? My data files are in the appropriate files, they just can't be activated or confirmed beforehand from the launcher.

The process goes "download mod with MM> Activate it after it's completed DLing>click launcher>confirm new mods in data files> click play.

Only my data files in the launcher is broken. So if there is not a way to fix it how can I skip that step and still activate the mods?

Edited by TaighAO

I think this is more for preventing the launcher from unchecking previously checked mods, but it might be worth a shot:

go to your skyrimprefs.ini (in my documents/my games/ skyrim) and ensure that under "[Launcher]" bEnableFileSelection= is set to =1 and not =0

You will not see the nexus mods from the steam skyrim launcher that you had been using in the past. You will see them if you launch from the nexus mod manager. (but only on the UI, they are not checked every time you start the game like steam does with workshop files)

To start skyrim with NMM, Open NMM, look in upper right corner. Depending if you have installed skse, you will want to choose "launch skyrim" or "Launch skse." click on the appropriate button.

I have noticed that the first time I do this, it may bring up the old steam skyrim menu, which will show my steam workshop files being loaded/checked by steam. I then hit exit on that screen, hit the NMM "launch skse" (cause I have that, if you don't hit "launch skyrim") and that will take you to the Skyrim loading page (the one with the nice kettle drum sound effects). I have thought this to be a glitch with my personal setup, but maybe not....

I know it is difficult to remain patient when dealing with a frustrating problem; please remember that I and all the other forum members are just people like you who are volunteering their help and occasionally have things like work or real life to attend to as well....

I hope this helps!

Edited by Georgiegril

Have you tried the help function in NMM? The blue circle with a ? in it.

One of the suggested help locations is http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/663578-nmm/page__view__findpost__p__5239769

There are 3 tutorials there

1. Installing mods using NMM

2. Installing Nexus Mod Manager

3 A set of video tutorials video tutorials for using NMM