⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The 360 is banned in the USA

Thor.

Haha stupid Microsoft I hope they do get banned. Take some of their multitribajillions of dollars away. They have crappy tech support anyway. And are greedy... Why have people pay to play with friends? I try to tell my brother that PS3 is better and I swear he looks and yells at me like he wants me dead. We were Sony people before though, the Playstations were our thing until 3 and then we got an Xbox 360. And then a few years pass and my account messes up and for, oh, 7 months I can't play online, play any game I downloaded (ANY GAME not just Arcade), can't update any game... Oh and I spent money to get Xbox Live before this happened. I spent many many hours with tech support and they all asked the same things, and one guy told me he couldn't let me into the account because I gave him the wrong info... Really, because the lady I just got done talking to a minute ago let me in, and I gave her the exact same info. Oh and they had no idea what was wrong apparently, because what the said was wrong was not it. I told them what was wrong, but no that isn't what the error code meant. I set my age to my real age, which was under 18 at the time. So I had to have a parent account. I said the e-mail was missing when this problem happened. Microsoft: It means your account is corrupted you'll have to start a new one. Yeah f-ing right... No way in hell was I gonna waste all that money and time. Well guess who was right Microsoft? Me. Besides the PS3 is waaaaay more powerful, has free multiplayer (Praise the lawd!), has much better exclusives (Halo and the new stupid freaking rail shooter Fable can kiss my ass! :( Way to ruin the only Xbox exclusive I liked), and the subscription (Playstation Plus) you can pay for is way cooler than Xbox's Gold Membership. Free games and discounts and early demos? Hell yeah! Never again will Microsoft receive my money!

PS3 here I come! :D Since my game computer is broken... -_- (Phew.... Sorry I have a deep burning hatred for Microsoft for many reasons.) Edit: Oh I forgot to mention one of our 360s broke within one year, the disc drive no longer read discs, instead it destroyed them (the laser went bad supposedly).

Edited by K00L

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad. Even if the ban doesn't go through they've still been forced to spend tons on the court case.

360 is cancer. Microsoft brought bribery (Dawnguard, Alan Wake), paid p2p multiplayer, forcing devs to release free content as paid DLC, and forced updates that add ads to the gaming industry.

Any time they lose millions on the Xbox venture like this or RROD is a good thing. We will only benefit from this ban.

Edited by Zinthros

It would really probably be better if this patent thing hit Microsoft in the soft bits. The company is virtually necessary and I wouldn't want them to collapse, but the low quality of their products needs to be corrected somehow. GFWL is not fun, nor is paying to play online. It's not fun when your 360 breaks randomly one day, nor is it fun to bottleneck gaming for seven years because you refuse to let an outdated console die. It's especially not fun when Microsoft pays to get DLC a month early, thereby tricking the uninformed into thinking that it's the best console, and forcing every other gamer to wait for new content. At least the PS3 supports antialiasing, can run at 1080p, and can run some anisotropic filtering without choking, but the 360 is just all around not a good piece of tech. It wasn't even jaw-dropping the day it released, which is the least you expect of a console meant to last 7+ years. Edited by Rennn

To the OP -

I'm not wholly surprised. Microsoft are notorious for things like that; but I really doubt its intentional. They'd probably pay a sum out to Motorola and get the ban lifted.. But at this stage, considering they are supposedly pushing towards the end product of the 720.. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even bother. I can't see them making that mistake with the 720, probably will develop something in house.

Seriously though the 360 should of been banned severial years ago, especially at launch with that rrod thing, i mean honestly you can only siphon of the 360 sales for so long, 11 years is a enough.

That goes for the ps3 to, although the cell is still Valid. Still new tech..

I'm sorry, but where on earth did you get 11 years from for Xbox 360? It's 7 years for North America..

PS3 is not new tech :P

Haha stupid Microsoft I hope they do get banned. Take some of their multitribajillions of dollars away. They have crappy tech support anyway. And are greedy... Why have people pay to play with friends? I try to tell my brother that PS3 is better and I swear he looks and yells at me like he wants me dead. We were Sony people before though, the Playstations were our thing until 3 and then we got an Xbox 360. And then a few years pass and my account messes up and for, oh, 7 months I can't play online, play any game I downloaded (ANY GAME not just Arcade), can't update any game... Oh and I spent money to get Xbox Live before this happened. I spent many many hours with tech support and they all asked the same things, and one guy told me he couldn't let me into the account because I gave him the wrong info... Really, because the lady I just got done talking to a minute ago let me in, and I gave her the exact same info. Oh and they had no idea what was wrong apparently, because what the said was wrong was not it. I told them what was wrong, but no that isn't what the error code meant. I set my age to my real age, which was under 18 at the time. So I had to have a parent account. I said the e-mail was missing when this problem happened.

Microsoft: It means your account is corrupted you'll have to start a new one. Yeah f-ing right... No way in hell was I gonna waste all that money and time. Well guess who was right Microsoft? Me. Besides the PS3 is waaaaay more powerful, has free multiplayer (Praise the lawd!), has much better exclusives (Halo and the new stupid freaking rail shooter Fable can kiss my ass! :( Way to ruin the only Xbox exclusive I liked), and the subscription (Playstation Plus) you can pay for is way cooler than Xbox's Gold Membership.

"It means your account is corrupted and you'll have to start a new one" - This sounds ridiculous.. I've had an Xbox Live account since it launched, and it is still functioning properly. "The E-Mail" was missing - From the sounds of it, you and;or your parents forgot the e-mail address; which tends to cause a lot of problems in all honesty.

Free games and discounts and early demos? Hell yeah! Never again will Microsoft receive my money!

PS3 here I come! :D Since my game computer is broken... -_- (Phew.... Sorry I have a deep burning hatred for Microsoft for many reasons.) Edit: Oh I forgot to mention one of our 360s broke within one year, the disc drive no longer read discs, instead it destroyed them (the laser went bad supposedly).

I've had my first Xbox 360 since 2007, and I've never had problems with it until I stopped playing on it for a year - I stopped using my Xbox again 3 months ago when i built this new computer.. Before then, I didn't use it at all since Spring 2011..

Financially, I think Microsoft are quite nice people. As recently I had 2 Xbox Live accounts (god knows why) on annual renewal. Took payments off me, i contacted them and told them i no longer use xbox live and they immediately refunded the £80, plus the dates for the time to clear etc.

I'd say you were prodding the troll because of how unrealistic a lot of your post sounds; and the use of language.

And for Sony... They've made just as many screw ups as Microsoft. I have a burning hatred for both companies; Purely because the console market is holding back any decent looking games these days. It's much cheaper to produce for console. But PC end up having to put up with trashy ports from consoles, which don't allow you to optimise the game to YOUR hardware - Such as Prototype 1 and 2. Get a maximum of 30-35 FPS even if you're running a GTX680 - Which is probably the best graphics card on the market. Instead, the game optimises itself to the consoles CLEARLY OUTDATED hardware.

I am so glad that Tribes: Ascend and Blacklight Retribution stayed away from consoles

Playstation 3... The only game I'd consider getting the Console for, is MGS4, and that's what? 2-3 years old now?

Jav'

heres my take on this. If xbox gets banned, i would laugh. im a Ps3 fanboy and it would just put a smile on my face to see all the xbox fanboys get shut down. then again, if it doesnt idrc then either. xbox is not the best console. it has nothing that makes it the best. only thing going for it is its cross game chat. but thats it. its games are crap. i mean people seem to think that its the premiere system to play CoD on, some people im sure dont even know you can play CoD on other systems. but CoD is crap. xbox has no exclusives. it has like what 10 Halo games? Halo looked fun. when it first came out it was amazing and fun to play, 9 games down the road, im not sure id even play it anymore. it also has Gears of War. i thought it looked fun. gets a crap ton of hype, but the more i watched my friend play, the more boring it looked.

so for me, the reason xbox is crap is that it has no games to play on it. the only way an xbox would ever come into my possession is if someone gave it to me for free. and then i would turn around and sell it and use that money to buy Ps3 and/or PC games.

Edit: You know, I was going to post saying something back to Javalin, but rather than doing that I'll just leave this random post here.

I will say that everything I said was true, despite the fact my "of how unrealistic a lot of my post sounds; and the use of language."

Edited by K00L

And then a few years pass and my account messes up and for, oh, 7 months I can't play online, play any game I downloaded (ANY GAME not just Arcade), can't update any game... Oh and I spent money to get Xbox Live before this happened. I spent many many hours with tech support and they all asked the same things, and one guy told me he couldn't let me into the account because I gave him the wrong info... Really, because the lady I just got done talking to a minute ago let me in, and I gave her the exact same info. Oh and they had no idea what was wrong apparently, because what the said was wrong was not it.

Microsoft: It means your account is corrupted you'll have to start a new one. Yeah f-ing right... No way in hell was I gonna waste all that money and time.

Edit: You know, I was going to post saying something back to Javalin, but rather than doing that I'll just leave this random post here.

I will say that everything I said was true, despite the fact my "of how unrealistic a lot of my post sounds; and the use of language."

I was referring to the "Your Account is Corrupt and you will have to start a new one" part. I pointed this out in my previous post.. Now it's in gold (Above). This is the part I think is completely unrealistic.

Accounts don't become corrupt, your account still exists, and isn't lost like data being destroyed by a virus. You forgot the e-mail and password to the account which your parents had put onto it for some degree of parental control. Even the most basic of Customer Support Team know what "Corruption of Data" means - Hence why I think it is totally unrealistic.

If you somehow managed to obtain that.. You will be able to get the account back. It isn't really at a fault of Microsoft, but I agree in the sense that it is pretty lame that you can't just retrieve the account through the main set of recoveries (With the e-mail you provided to create the account)

Edit - There is are a number of sad truths in all of this.

1 - Customers never blame themselves for doing something stupid. It's always the fault of the company

2 - Xbox Live Accounts, World of Warcraft accounts, SWTOR Accounts, RuneScape - You name it.. When people lose their accounts, the company is ALWAYS blamed by the customer for it - Even when 99% of the time, it's the customers fault. (Unless it is Sony - Which they did deserve to be blamed for that loss of personal data)

When I played World of Warcraft - I deleted a character which had 3 sets of Heirlooms - Now those who played the game, know how long it takes of grinding to get that many (Plus about 40k in Gold which I'd forgot about until some months later) - Now who's fault is that? I asked about recovering it, but the character was unable to be recovered. I didn't blame Blizzard for this - I blamed myself. To which a Game Master said to me "I appreciate how you accepted the responsibility of this, as most tend to blame us for their errors"

Jav'

• 2 weeks later...

No your right in that my account was still there. But that is what one of the Microsoft Support people told me my error code meant. I looked it up and that was what it meant, but everyone else getting it had some other problem.

My account was seriously working just fine, then they had that big update in November. I couldn't accept the terms of use because it started to load the window for the parent account (with the e-mail and password boxes) and then gave me some error code.

And I forgot to say that I set up everything for the account. I wasn't 18 yet so when I made it I had to put in a "parent" account. I did actually get my account back. I waited for half a year for it to "age up" and drop the parent account and accept the terms of use. It still didn't work on my console, but I went to the website and I was able to accept the new terms and I no longer had a parent account. I tried telling them that somehow the parent account was messed up but only one of them listened to anything I said. She told me that after the update she had gotten a few other issues exactly like mine. The parent accounts had disappeared and then the child account couldn't accept the new terms. She actually told me to submit a suggestion to have the parent account linked to the child account, in the same way the child is to parent. That way the parent account info can be seen on the child's.

One lady said it was corrupted and if I wanted to do online play again I'd have to start a new one. Some guy told me I was having trouble remembering the parent account... If I can't even try to enter it is remembering it even important? Someone else told me the second password it wants is the parent's. Really? I don't know how many times I said in that thread that I couldn't do anything in the box because an error pops up. And then they asked for pictures and after I gave them pictures they never came back.

Anyway it was a huge mess and they did nothing helpful for me. Especially since each person I talked to gave me a different answer. I still have three of the support ticket numbers. I don't have my conversations anymore because my Vista died on me so I'm on an XP now.

Sorry for sounding rude earlier, its just this issue gets me a little mad.

Now I have to go sort out my college books issue... -.- They didn't send me a 189$ book and cancelled two other books because they had ones that were "wrong" and had to send them back.