How To Skip Loading Screens

SiKillW

last yr, i had a problem of taking to long to wait in loading screen...and I just happen to have some cash (from christmas) and I upgraded my PC...now it's 3-10seconds!...

i think it might depend on your PC specs or just in case..please close other programs you open like web browser that had many Tabs or flash video,... just use your Task Manager>Processes> and close programs that consume big in memory except for TES or other software that is needed to run your pc...

• 1 month later...

how about laptop users we cant upgrade our laptop

Agreed. We can't slap faster hardware in our laptops...believe me, I tried, killed an HP Pavilion that way. :wallbash:

I did use the CTRL+ALT+DELETE method a couple times, but not for this purpose. I was going to kill the game because it had sat on a loading screen for seriously about twenty minutes, only to find out it loaded up when I pulled up the task manager...but yeah, that wasn't a good idea.

While we're on this topic, someone want to explain why I'm experiencing such long loading times? I thought it was due to the number of mods I use, but I unchecked all the mods, and vanilla was still slow...inbox me a solution, someone? :P

• 1 year later...

An even faster and better is to click on the arrow pointing to the left at the top of the menu. That will immediately load the fast travel. One thing to note: if you wait too long you might get a blue spinning circle that follows your mouse movements. If you do it too quickly, you will go back to the loading screen. The only way I have found to get rid of the blue circle is to restart the game.

TonyB

Sounds like this mod might be helpful if you're having load screen problems.

Safety Load

An even faster and better is to click on the arrow pointing to the left at the top of the menu. That will immediately load the fast travel. One thing to note: if you wait too long you might get a blue spinning circle that follows your mouse movements. If you do it too quickly, you will go back to the loading screen. The only way I have found to get rid of the blue circle is to restart the game.

TonyB

This should fix that problem for you: Double cursor Fix

(It fixed a similar problem I was having).