Shadow/ lighting glitch

Zoolog

I have searched and searched through the forum for a few days now hoping to find someone who has had and fixed a similar problem. When i am in skyrim the lighting and shadows freak out and apear/disapear when they shouldnt. standing still i am fine and it seems to be worse when there are multiple sources of light. i have no idea how to fix this, help please :wallbash:

I have searched and searched through the forum for a few days now hoping to find someone who has had and fixed a similar problem. When i am in skyrim the lighting and shadows freak out and apear/disapear when they shouldnt. standing still i am fine and it seems to be worse when there are multiple sources of light. i have no idea how to fix this, help please :wallbash:

Zoolog, go to Documents and search for the "Skyrim" Folder. Open up the Skyrim.Pref upon the [Display] tab and search for these two variables

bShadowsOnGrass=1

bDeferredShadows=1

Set both of the variables to 0 and run Skyrim's options less if they're already manually defaulted, set the Distance Object Detail to High and uncheck "Object Detail Fade"

Hopefully this will help.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have searched and searched through the forum for a few days now hoping to find someone who has had and fixed a similar problem. When i am in skyrim the lighting and shadows freak out and apear/disapear when they shouldnt. standing still i am fine and it seems to be worse when there are multiple sources of light. i have no idea how to fix this, help please http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wallbash.gif

Zoolog, go to Documents and search for the "Skyrim" Folder. Open up the Skyrim.Pref upon the [Display] tab and search for these two variables

bShadowsOnGrass=1

bDeferredShadows=1

Set both of the variables to 0 and run Skyrim's options less if they're already manually defaulted, set the Distance Object Detail to High and uncheck "Object Detail Fade"

Hopefully this will help.

yo i didnt check how old this was but this just helped me tremendously thanks so muchhhhhhh

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
My skyrimprefs and skyrim.ini didn't have deferred shadows or shadows on grass. Took me quite a while to figure it out. Just start up Skyrim launcher settings and it will reset the settings you changed, which will fix the game. Then you guys can figure out what the hell causes it. It worked for me.