Downloads keep cutting off before they're done

barker279

It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough that I want to pull my hair out when it does. It doesn't matter whether I use Firefox's download manager, or NMM's. With Firefox it just says "download complete" even though it only downloaded 13mbs of a 100mb file. With NMM it says "Unable to download file". It's really annoying because I have really slow download speeds (usually no more than 80kbps). You can understand my frustration when spending half an hour downloading a mod only to have it fail at 95%, meaning I'll have to start it over, and have it fail yet again.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix or is it just a problem with the servers? It doesn't matter which mirror I use by the way.

I am also having this problem, as a result, I cannot download anything big from the nexus network. im trying to download a 1gb file for fallout new vegas, its a re-texture pack but it keeps cutting off early. Nexus is the only servers I am having this problem with....

• 2 months later...

This is the second thread, I made one before it with 2 pages+ of people saying the same thing.

Dark0ne suggested he will fix it "soon", however that was over 3 weeks ago, if not more. Instead of fixing the issue with implementing download recovery (The very least that could be done to fix this issue besides actually....fixing it.) He adds more portals to games that are considered dead, and have a small fan base. Such the term "Cult Classic".

For 3+ weeks all I do is just continue to download guys, try to download first time it'll fail, second time it'll fail, maybe 12 times. But eventually after a dozen downloads you might get the whole file. It certainly is rare, but it's the only thing you can do since Nexus has a monopoly over modding.

This is not because of any internet connection, everyone I know has this issue. People on my thread had the same issue. Dark0ne has talked about this issue.

So like I said, just keep trying to download. The servers will most likely not be fixed within the next few weeks, maybe longer. I attempted to ask what general time the new servers would be released and all that could be said was "soon". Which is very meaning of relative.

Same problem here. Spend most the day trying to download skyrim mods, both through mod manager and manual download. Server seems to keep cutting off the connection prematurely. So far I only managed to download 2 mods >40MBs, by continuously trying again and again. Still trying on larger mods.