Skyrim NPCs don't have names, can't interact

bolmeteus6

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Got same problem (cant talk, cant see npc name)
but with one npc - blacksmith Beirand from Solitude.
ResetAi, kill, resurrect, disable/enable didnt work.
Btw loaded my older save and he s doing just fine.
Maybe someone knows how to fix this?

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys, I guess I'm gonna join this awkward scenario but can someone help me? I have 20 some mods on, none of them are this "sneak tools" but I noticed my inability to talk to certain characters when I downloaded Immersive Weapons. I had started my playthrough with all the mods I initially wanted then saw Immersive Weapons, downloaded it, then noticed I couldn't talk to Lydia, had to reload a few saves back, do a dungeon, yeah. Then again with General Tullius, and now Lod, and I really, really want the Masque of Clavicus Vile. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I've talked to people without any headwear on, no hats, no cowls, no helmets, still can't talk to Lod. And the worst is, I thought I noticed it a while ago, like...I went to talk to him just to use his blacksmith stuff, couldn't, figured it was just something, then went about my game for who knows how long and then noticed Lydia. I REALLY don't want to start my game over. If anyone has any idea or if you guys need to see the full list of my mods, I will post them with their proper names. And for the record, I am new to this modding stuff so I'm probably just an idiot. This is my second playthrough with Skyrim and my first one had no mods and I only noticed bugs and glitches that are common and fixable. Thanks, I hope someone can help me out.