Skyrim NPCs don't have names, can't interact

bolmeteus6

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay it just dosen't make sense i am using My Home is Your Home and i have multiple followers in my house
Kharjo
Serana
(my wife)
and 3 more modded followers
and all of htem are no longer intractable i really dont want to load my latest save which was before i enable a DLC mod that was working fine last time i enabled it(Helgen Reborn)
any way to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

For those who "suddenly can't interact" with NPCs check to make sure your other equipment aren't doing so.

I ran into something similar early in the game where I got a mask "Krosis" from a tough ass boss at the Dragon's lair in Spearpoint. It gave 20+ stats to archery, lockpicking and something else (alchemy?). There was a "fine print" that also said, "hides identity to others". Needless to say, it drove me nuts until I figured it out.

Edited by phl308

i found out why it wasnt working for me apparently i had too many npc in a single cell and i accydently added one that did thisci had to redo 5+ hours of gameplay beacause it was my last save but now its fixed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay so I have had this issue every now and then, when it comes to talking to non-essential NPC's that i dont care about, i can talk to them no problems. BUT, NPC's i need to talk to for quests, my cursor would disappear on him (i use iHud) and then no option to interact. While reading this forum i found out that actually taking my shrouded cowl off brings back the option to talk to him. Now i found what actually finally fixes this. It is in fact got to do with the Sneak Tools mod. I went into the mod configuration menu -> sneak tools -> then activated the "menu pop-up" option. Sneak tools thinks that while you have a cowl on with identity hidden, that you're trying to assassinate someone, so you gotta activate the menu pop ups while you're wearing sneaky stuff.