Skyrim NPCs don't have names, can't interact

bolmeteus6

I also had this problem with Sneak Tools. Even after I disabled the mod I still had the problem. I was able to fix it by enabling the mod again, then from the mod configuration menu in SKY UI turning it off, using the option in-game. This mod seems to alter some file so even after it is disabled the problem persists. Hope this helps!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also had this problem with Sneak Tools. Even after I disabled the mod I still had the problem. I was able to fix it by enabling the mod again, then from the mod configuration menu in SKY UI turning it off, using the option in-game. This mod seems to alter some file so even after it is disabled the problem persists. Hope this helps!

That is a feature of Sneak tools where if you equip a bandit mask you are anonymous and can't interact with npc's.

It pays to read the mod descriptions/readme files.

• 4 weeks later...

I also have this issue. I'd like to say it's from a mod, but I didn't interact with any vamps before beginning Dawnguard, so I can't say for sure. The issue seems centered on vampires, draugrs and death hounds, anything undead doesn't show name nor option to interact (I can get by with the console command "activate player" while they are selected, but it certainly breaks the immersion). I think my issue came from Predator vision. I had it still after curing the lycanthropy with the witches heads and used it while on my way to Dimhollow. Perhaps as the special brand of Detect life it adds didn't work on undead, it somehow broke how they could be interacted. Any help that is not hood or mask related (I don't have Sneak Tools)?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! Archmage Bilbo here with a possible solution to you're problem. so if any of you have the mod known as Sneak Tools. then you will have the problem of the Skyrim NPS's not having names and being unable to talk to them, now I know were all a fan of this mod: Sneak Tools so I'll tell you how to fix it! First off are you wearing a mask? a mask of any kind? Be it a cowl from the actual mod itself or just a dragon priest mask, anyway they all conceal you --> Identity <-- now this is the problem just take off you're mask and Bingo Bango Bango Bish Bash Bosh! problem solved! Now the reasoning begind this is most likely that you have commited a tiny crime, now your mask which conceals you're identity is keeping you from being caught! but you cant talk to anyone now! however there are the cases were it just glitches out or maybe some sort of script error happens but just take off you mask and your problems are solved! Good Luck to you out there my Fellow Dragonborn!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...