Dawnguard - Prophet Quest Bug

LiamAether

if the talk/feed pop up then the priest its already your trall... for the bug i switch off his aggression

"setav aggression 0" on the priest at any time as soon you send him off ... just be sure to do it before entering the castle. That worked for me at least. I could keep going on with the quest without a problem

• 1 month later...

I also hit a bug with that quest playing as a DawnGuard. The Moth priest starts reading the scroll (stage 100) and then enters a 'this person is Busy' State... Your quest objective is to talk to the moth priest - who is now too busy to talk!

Had to progress the quest with "SetStage dlc1vq03Hunter 200" from console to move on with the DLC so just posting in case anyone else is having the same issue while playing on the DawnGuard side.

Played a Vampire, will probably work on Dawnguard side as well.

Another way to progress is to hit the priest with your weapon until he's down on his knees (Right before death, don't think u can kill him :P). At this point you should get quest Completed.Then exit the castle and come back in and he will no longer be hostile. NOTE: Tell your companions to wait outside the castle before you do this, otherwise they'll attack him continiously.

Edited by Monkinsane

• 9 months later...

The bug where I can't feed on the priest. I've tried the seduction power, I've beaten him to hell and then used the power, yet nothing. This is annoying to me..... Greatly. Can someone please assure me that the console command will work, and to retype it up here so I don't spell it wrong?

• 4 weeks later...