Wispmother fx stuck on character, extremely annoying

Cocoprimate

The wispmother fx is stuck on my character. It's a sort of ghostly, smokey aura that permanently surrounds my char. If I use sexchange, it goes away, but comes right back once I go into first person mode.

I've tried sex change, removing all items, getting shot at with things, nothing works and it's driving me crazy.

It's the same issue as in this thread in the wiki, only, it's the wispmother fx. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Glitches/Archive_2#Smoke_Glitch

The solution there says to look for the creature abilities with the console and look for the fx id spell and then add and remove, but when I type "help wispmother", it shows no ability information as it does with other creatures! It only shows useless stuff. I thought maybe it had the same fx as the wisp, but I tried with the wisp fx and it didn't work.

So can someone please tell me the abilities "spel" ID for wispmothers so I can remove this fx? Or some other way to fix this? It's driving me insane not being able to use first person.

I have the same issue. I have been searching for an answer for over a month now. its so freaking bad for 1st person and deeply effects my RCRN lighting mod. I have even tried to find a tutorial on how to completely remove the code for this wisp FX crap from the game entirely with no luck yet. I will post here to let you know if I find anything. Oh and Bethesda won't even respond to this problem lol :.(

Shame nobody helped you out yet on a simple problem like this. A little tinkering in the creation kit led me to all of the following. Try them out;

removespell abwisp

removespell wispvolley

removespell wispshortrangeconcspell

removespell wispdrainattack

removespell wispbuffstamina

removespell wispbuffmagicka

removespell wispbuffhealth

These are all of the spells and abilities related to the Wisp and Wispmother enemies. I'm assuming it's abwisp, as that has a particle effect attached to it. Do tell if any of these work!

It tried looking up those wisp abilities IDs and add and remove and it didn't work. I appreciate your help Campaigner. Also, I'm not sure but I think the wispmother spell to duplicate itself is missing there, so that may not be a full list. It's like they hid the wispmother abilities, I haven't yet found another creature for whom the help command won't list the abilities.

Isn't there a command to see what abilities your character have? So that I can check there and remove them?

And I would greatly appreciate any help learntheburrow.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried removespell, sexchange (that only worked temporarily), and all that.. What finally got rid of it was when I did the main quest where you go through the time-rift (or whatever) with the elder scroll to learn dragonrend. The wisp effect was gone after that.

Not a very convenient fix, but fortunately the problem only started up when I was in Blackreach, just prior to that point in the story...

Before you try to remove a spell you have to have the spell on you.

Even if you look like having the spell.. you don't have it.

So you have to add it first. Then close the console. Then open it back up and remove it. Then it should go away. Works like a charm for the Draugr eyes bug.

Maybe try 00023abd, it's the ID for a wispmother.

It's the only thing I could find so far, sorry.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...