High resolution Widescreen Scope zoom fix

Ebolate

Hi there Widescreen gamers :)

Recently bought a new monitor and a gfx card .started up the game in high resolution widescreen. Everything looked extremely good , except when zoomed in with a scoped weapon ,white edges in the reticle and everything looked outstretched.

So what to do? look no further:

This simple solution, is for you who plays with widescreen (16:9) and high resolution (1920x1080 or higher)

and have a problem with scope zooms (white square edges or just edges in the reticle and the scopes have an outstretched circle)

Dug around the webs a bit ,found a forum about eye infinity and various problems with FNV regarding that subject, and managed to find a fix for it >>> fScopeScissorAmount=0

This will eliminate the masking the game engine automatically applies

Simply add the line , in the Display section of every ini (there are 3) , since the subject was eye infinity ,i wasnt sure it would work-, but imagine that - it did. :biggrin:

The ini`s are located in the following sections:

C:\Users\******\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV

FalloutPrefs.ini

Fallout.ini

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas

Fallout_default.ini

Either open each of the inis and copy the text to the display section or just edit falloutprefs make 2 copies of that ini and rename them to FALLOUT and fallout_default.

Find the Display line (its pretty close to the top) or just search for "Display"

Insert the text here ,as Shown below:

[Display]

fScopeScissorAmount=0

fDecalLifetime=10.0000

bEquippedTorchesCastShadows=0

bReportBadTangentSpace=0

bStaticMenuBackground=1

etc etc

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

That is SO sweet! :) Thank you; I wasn't able to use Pelinor's scope mod and the default scopes were driving me batty; now I can. :) Why in the bejebbus Bethesda thought those barely-visible scope were goo is beyond me... :/

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...