Game keeps crashing to desktop

Alendar0

Ok, it worked and I have a papyrus log, but after looking at it, I realised I have no idea how to interpret it. Should I upload the file here? Copy its contents? Or continue trying to interpret it (even a guide I found couldn't help me)?

The HiRes Texture Packs have been known to cause a plethora of CTD's, so you might not want to run those. Especially if you run any other environment improvement type mods. (Water, Sky, etc).

Also try running in Windowed mode, and if you know how to get into your graphic card/s control panel, try disabling VSync. If you have a really good/fast computer though, you might send your frame rates through the roof, thus causing tearing and collisions in the textures and meshes within the game...so find an FPS Limiter on the Nexus to keep your FPS at a reasonable level. I'm currently running with no VSync and FPS Limiter set at 95 for max frame rate, and I can play the game for hours on end at times with my frame rate pegged. I still get the occasional freeze and CTD, but NOTHING like I used to get.

Just to give you a clue about how bad your error log was; The error log is usually less than 1mb in size, yours was about 390mb ! It would have been a good idea to zip it before you upload to save me some download time ;)

The main scripts causing errors were fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.OnUpdate() and many scripts related to the sneak tools mod.

To fix the first one follow this guide (I haven't tried it myself though):

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/732051-fxdustdroprandomscript-errors-fixed/

For the sneak tools errors:

1- Go into an interior cell (building or cave).

2- Save and exit.

3- Uninstall all "Snaek Tools" mods through NMM. (UNINSTALL, don't just deactivate the plugin)

4- Re-launch the game, load your last save, save again then exit.

5- Run the game, load your last save and play as usual

Report what happens.

Right... well, let's just say that explains a lot. Heh. Sorry for all the trouble I'm causing you. >_<

I'm kind of bummed out it's Sneak Tools causing all the issues, it's by far my favourite mod. Ah well, I'd rather have a stable game without it than one with Sneak Tools except I can't play.

So anyway, I followed those steps and removed Sneak Tools (so depressing :P), let's hope the issue's fixed now. Do you think I'll be able to redownload Sneak Tools when it has been updated or would you advise against it? Perhaps if I start a new game? (Yes, I'm that addicted to the mod :)).

Hmm... You could try to reinstall the mod and play. If you crash again, you could try deactivating without uninstalling. Of course, starting a new game would be the best. You could use sneak tools again, it's more of a hit or miss with those scripted mods, it may crash your game one time, and cause no problems the other.

Or you could post your papyrus script and take another look. ;)