[WIP] Cerwiden -SMART Healer- AI Configurable Companion

Mujuro

[08/24/2012 - 10:49:07PM] warning: Unable to get type kcfCompanionDynamicSpellsScript referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.

[08/24/2012 - 10:49:07PM] warning: Unable to get type QF_kcfCerwidenAddsQuest_01007344 referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.

[08/24/2012 - 10:49:07PM] warning: Unable to get type kcfdpdialogueutilityscript referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.

[08/24/2012 - 10:49:07PM] warning: Unable to get type QF_kcfCerwidenModInitialize0_010258B9 referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.

[08/24/2012 - 10:49:07PM] warning: Unable to get type kcfCompanionMgmt referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.

[08/24/2012 - 10:49:07PM] warning: Could not find type kcfCompanionDynamicSpellsScript in the type table in save

[08/24/2012 - 10:49:07PM] warning: Could not find type kcfCompanionMgmt in the type table in save

[08/24/2012 - 10:49:07PM] warning: Could not find type QF_kcfCerwidenModInitialize0_010258B9 in the type table in save

[08/24/2012 - 10:49:07PM] warning: Could not find type kcfdpdialogueutilityscript in the type table in save

[08/24/2012 - 10:49:07PM] warning: Could not find type QF_kcfCerwidenAddsQuest_01007344 in the type table in save

I uninstalled Cerwiden but these keep poping in my papyrus log.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those messages are harmless, just not very clean. Did you dismiss Ceri, remove the any of the custom spells you may have set as "favorites" and stop her quest prior to uninstall?

Yes.

Savegames have a tendency to keep looking for missing stuff I see.

@polonoise Yeah, that's the rub with mods, particularly when most of us run around with a bunch of them and keep switching mods in and out. As a general rule, when uninstalling, try and make sure you have "ancillary" connections, both with the vanilla game, as well as other mods, severed. So stop the quests associated with the mod; if you've married a follower from the mod, break the marriage; if you have spells from the mod in your favorites, remove them; dismiss the follower from any framework mod; remove the follower from any housing mod/house guestlist, etc.

Hi everyone, a quick update on what I've been working on:

1. Switched Ceri's voice type from 'FemaleYoungEager' to a custom one, but with the vanilla recordings still for the default dialogue; ThePoeticOne and I will be working to replace these, but given the sheer number of lines that need to be rerecorded, it'll be a bit before they're all done. That said, what we get to at any point in time that coincides with an upgrade to Ceri will be included.
  2. The core "infrastructure" coding for Ceri's backstory and quests have been implemented; as I'm able to get time to produce "content" for actual quests/backstory, etc., I'll be working those in with future updates. With the next version update, Ceri will have some backstory lines, and a 'mini-quest' of sorts that will serve as the foundation for getting to know her better, as well as an upcoming relationship quest.
  3. At the request of several of you, I've given Ceri the ability to recognize other companions to reduce friendly fire incidents among party members. I'm really hesitant to take over this function completely, as the main companion framework mods, AFAIK, are supposed to be handling friendly fire among companions already. In any case, this functionality also has the ancillary benefit of Ceri "recognizing" other followers for future content/quest updates.
  4. Ceri will be more situation-aware and a bit more chatty than your vanilla followers. I'm sure you've all heard your followers occasionally comment on going into a dungeon, getting to certain venues, etc., with vanilla dialogue (Ceri does this as well as part of the vanilla follower dialogue). Ceri's new dialogue will extend substantially beyond vanilla; for example, she'll occasionally comment on the weather. But her comments on weather may differ, not just based on the weather conditions themselves, but on time of day, where she's at in Skyrim, etc. I'll of course include a toggle, in which case, Ceri will only speak the lines associated with vanilla followers.
  5. While I do hope to minimize the "clean mod install" instances, I can't guarantee that. To help facilitate, I'll also be adding a debug dialogue option that will help with a "clean uninstall" for Ceri's internal workings and components. Of course, you'll still need to remove associations from other mods, etc. (e.g., if you've got her on your BBBLS house guest list, remove her prior to uninstall).

That all said, and given the sheer number of things that need to be tested for Ceri, if any of you would like to help beta test, please PM me. :)

And speaking of dialog, Mujoro, please eliminate the following from her remarks when you get around to the full dialog replacement:

"Stupid dog!"

"Skyrim belongs to the Nords!"

These really rub me the wrong way. The first time I heard the first (we were living in Breezehome with Lydia, who never seems to make this comment) and Meeko, I was like ... "Meeko is a member of the family. If you don't like that then you can find another family. 'K?" Yes, it really ticked me off, even though I know it wasn't your fault.

As for the second, this is just unbecoming of someone who would willingly follow a Khajiit into Oblivion without so much as a second thought.

There might be other racists remarks, too. I don't recall, but please leave them out of Ceri's comments.

@Moraevik I'll take a look at where they're coming from. If it is just removing the voice from Ceri, it's something I'll be able to do. If the lines are embedded as part of the vanilla quest, I can't get rid of them short of modifying the vanilla follower quest itself. With all else equal, and also as a general rule, I try to AVOID messing with any of the default quests for sake of compatibility.

@Mujuro

Just to clarify: when you ask about other archetypes, you're talking about creating other followers and not just giving Ceri a new role, right? If that's the case, I'd love a brunette/redhead stealthy assassin that's more than confortable using crossbows. That way I can give her one of the dwemer rifles that comes with this mod and the bullets from this one. I'd really recomend those if you haven't tried them yet, btw.

With Ceri, a new assassin/ranger and that horse armor for Ceri's horse I talked about, my Skyrim experience will be complete.

Edited by Exsanguinatio

@Exsanguinatio When I refer to archetypes, I mean roles. So the three major/top-level archetypes we have in Skyrim would be warrior, rogue and mage, and so far I've only worked on the last, and even then, more of a subordinate archetype (healer mage). Some of the folks on the main thread were interested in having me build out archetypes for "smart" warriors and rogues, so I'd added that to the poll. Over the past couple of weeks, the voting has principally gone towards backstory/quest first, and re-voicing the vanilla second. The archetype votes, combined, don't even add up to the re-voicing votes. :P

That said, I'll be working on those archetypes "indirectly" as part of Ceri's questline, as I'm going to need some "smart" NPCs. :)

@Mujuro

Yes, I voted these options myself. :)

But what I meant with my question was that, if you were to build new smart archetypes, you wouldn't change Cerwiden and these new archetypes would be new followers, right? I love Cerwiden the way she is and it would be strange for her to, suddenly, become an assassin or warrior. But if these new archetypes were implemented into completely new followers, that would be beyond awesome. And if you go down that path, I'm sure any other mod that adds followers would become obsolete. I might keep some of them just for their looks. But in battle, if we take Ceri as an example of smart npcs, your followers will always be better.

And just to add my 2 cents, I'd love a brunette or red headed ranger. :)

Also, thanks for the hint of what to expect from Ceri's questline. I'm really excited about it! :D