Napoleonic era mod

Arnoldus12345

HI everyone... hello?

aw well, anyway I'm working on a giant overhaul for Skyrim,

it will turn the game into the Napoleonic era.

all of you that are interested... I've got a few questions for you... here go's

-Would you rather have the game have only human?

-Magic or no Magic?

-Skyrim lore or completely new?

these questions are for those that would download the mod...

if you have any ideas for the overhaul let me know.

Edited by Arnoldus12345

I don't know since you brought it up. I've been thinking the same thing only I've been imagining it with human only and no magic. But adding the non-humans and magic does open some possibilities. And, yes, I would download and use it. I've been reading the Sharp's series of books and I sometimes confuse my game with my books. Like I expect my character to level a Baker Rifle or Brown Bess on the enemy and open fire with it.

Rabbit

I'd say, humans only, no magic and new lore, since the napoleonic era is a point in history, not just a period of time in a game or a story, khajit orcs and the likes don't exist, and neither did/does magic. I'm thinking of doing sorta the same thing, but longer down in the road of my modding. I was thinking of making a replica of rome, like towards the end of BCE or in the early CE, and make the character a roman guard or something. But, again, longer down the road, and back to your mod; yes, I'd get it, but I think it'd be nice if it stayed true to actual history instead of game lore. Maybe you could even ask someone to make a gun for you. The nice thing about guns like muskets and blunderbusses is: even if you do decide to keep skyrim lore in the picture, they'd still fit either way! :)

• 4 months later...

HI everyone... hello?

aw well, anyway I'm working on a giant overhaul for Skyrim,

it will turn the game into the Napoleonic era.

all of you that are interested... I've got a few questions for you... here go's

-Would you rather have the game have only human?

-Magic or no Magic?

-Skyrim lore or completely new?

these questions are for those that would download the mod...

if you have any ideas for the overhaul let me know.

Humans only, no magic and completely new lore.

• 1 year later...

id have to agree im currently reading the sharpe series and its great

It would be good if u kept beasts like cave bears,mammoths,deer etc but no dragons,draugars all the silly stuff.

keep the skyrim landscape maybe but change all the cities to more industrialised add authentic uniforms and weapons and ad more npc soldiers/guards(Napoleonic era of course) and add a series of quests if u can that just let u battle other armies with 50+ on each side that would be mad

• 1 year later...

Really, I think that keeping most of the beasts would add depth to the world. Maybe some magic too.

I say this, because it would make combat SO much more interesting, and would allow you to see how firearms work in TES, but without the factions intervening.

Have it be like... erm the armies of Europe encounter a world that is similar, yet slightly more fantastic than our own.. or something like that.

The game engine has problems with even moderate numbers of NPCs - I see a problem with Napoleonic battles because of this limitation. It will be interesting to see how you handle the various uniforms worn during the era though.