Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions

Xionanx

Re: the Arc Thrower... I just modded it as per the original post here to make it a pistol weapon (not just a "stunner") and everything works except for one thing: when a soldier "switches" to it, they keep their other weapon (in my case, a laser assault rifle or laser scattergun) in their hands too!

I can see the Arc Thrower in their hands when they switch, but the other weapon is "overlayed" on top of it so it looks very odd!

Is this something I've done wrong, or is it an unavoidable side-effect of attempting this? As I said, everything works great (shot animation, outline in the weapon HUD - guess this WAS originally intended! - charges consumed when I fire, overwatch works, etc.). It's just the physical model that "messes up" when I switch weapons.

My code is below:

Weapons=(iType=eItem_ArcThrower,ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_ShotStun,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_ShotStandard,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eWP_Pistol,Properties[1]=eWP_NoReload,Properties[2]=eWP_None,Properties[3]=eWP_None,Properties[4]=eWP_None,Properties[5]=eWP_None,iDamage=5,iEnvironmentDamage=0,iRange=27,iReactionRange=-1,iReactionAngle=360,iRadius=0,iCritical=10,iOffenseBonus=0,iSuppression=0,iSize=eItemSize_Small,iHPBonus=0,iWillBonus=0)

Did I mess something up here?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed the same issue with making the "Light Plasma Rifle" use the pistol slot (the Thin Men wield it as a pistol, so why can't I ?) I works and fires, but in game your soldier is "holding" the default rifle ... I noticed in one of the .ini files that there is a long list of "loadouts" for want of a better word, where it has a reference to a package = x-soldier, y-armor, z-weapon, (or something like that) so maybe there needs to be a value for male (or female) soldier, Titan armor, Arcthrower (or Light Plasma Rifle) added for the game to know to sheath their current weapon and "switch" to that item at that time, rather than only after hitting the "stun" button?

banjo, you're doing it right. That is a side effect of making any non-pistol weapon a pistol, not limited to arcthrower. If you put a shotgun (or anything else) as a sidearm, after switching you'll get a (cosmetically) superimposed "double-weapon" which does look pretty funny with some combinations.

Because of that, I fear Perraine's theory does not hold because the primary weapons do play nice with all armors as switchable weapons on normal circumstances, yet still have this bug.

The answer, as always, is hidden somewhere in the upks.

banjo, you're doing it right. That is a side effect of making any non-pistol weapon a pistol, not limited to arcthrower. If you put a shotgun (or anything else) as a sidearm, after switching you'll get a (cosmetically) superimposed "double-weapon" which does look pretty funny with some combinations.

Because of that, I fear Perraine's theory does not hold because the primary weapons do play nice with all armors as switchable weapons on normal circumstances, yet still have this bug.

The answer, as always, is hidden somewhere in the upks.

Thanks for that... I suspected as much, but hated to think it was just something I was missing (as the OP doesn't mention this "side effect"). A shame, because the Arc Thrower works so well otherwise as a limited-ammo, can-stun-or-kill, very short range pistol! :(

Maybe iSuppression on weapons is a chance to reduce damage? Notice how only alien weapons are suppressed and how as the damage goes up for harder mobs/guns so does the suppression. Soldier explosives have a small chance of suppression also. I gave a test on the assault rifle and it seems to cause it to do 2 damage a lot more often.. but could have been coincidence. Could someone else verify?

Maybe iSuppression on weapons is a chance to reduce damage? Notice how only alien weapons are suppressed and how as the damage goes up for harder mobs/guns so does the suppression. Soldier explosives have a small chance of suppression also. I gave a test on the assault rifle and it seems to cause it to do 2 damage a lot more often.. but could have been coincidence. Could someone else verify?

I think the suppression line in weapon txt is related to the negative modifier the target of the weapon receives when suppressed.

e.g. iSuppression=5 on weapon means that a target suppressed by that weapon receives -5 aim

Banjo, it is also a bug that seems to occur with normal pistols sometimes. I think it might be more of a case of sloppy programming, honestly.

I'm agreeing with ya there. I've seen it happen(to hilarious effect) with snipers, especially, since they rely on pistols more than the other classes. It's really quite fun to see a sniper hold his rifle like a pistol(since it's so big that it completely covers the pistol when it's out on top of it.)