CK error: Shaders\BSLightingShaderProperty.cpp

Hvergelmer

Comment was directed to the OP.

Mine was directed to the topic (instead of starting a another new thread about the same thing).

Since this is a new page, here's the issue again :

It hasn't been fixed. I get this exact same error only since today 2013-05-13, anytime I try to load an interior cell (by clicking twice on a cell in the Cell View Window in the CK), and I don't have ENB.

EDIT: Problem has been fixed, the culprit was the ENB .dll file all along. My personal fix was a manual rename of the file before launching the CK and then renaming it back again when done. There's also a batch file written by rpgjaguar called ENB Disable for Creation kit to do this automatically for those that prefer such a method, more information about that can be found following the link.

The pop-up error says:

Assert

File:

C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\BSShader\Shaders\BSLightingShaderProperty.cpp

Line: 806

It's not related to ENB, any help or experience with this would be greatly appreciarted..

Edited by HawkFest

I think I found what happened. In my case, it was after I've added body and face mods : If I load a cell without any NPC, no problem. But whenever there's an NPC, opening the container cell will throw out this message.

After reading and tapping here and there in NifSkope and other forums, it looks like that Assert error is caused by Vertex colors in some NiTriShapeData node. Original nifs have no vertex colors used in any NiTriShapeData and no vertex color properties are used in Shader flags. It could also be consequent to full path textures (which is an error, one should always truncat efile path up to the textures folder).

Thus, this problem can show itself not only with ENB, but also in many other situations involving new meshes/textures from some mod. Which means that actually, it doesn't have any impact over my mod, and I can ignore that message for my moding purposes (unless I explecitly use those "other mods" assets like nif or texture files creating this issue). Pressure going down...

Edited by HawkFest

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Slight Topic Necromancy there, but, seeing as it's still unclear, some infos:

=> The cause of this error is definitly not tied to any ESP out there, they might include the error, but they don't cause it.

=> The main culprits are definitly certain NIF files with a minor error (it does not cause problems ingame, only CK complains)

=> BSLightingShaderProperties created with Nifskope always cause this error for me. (Insert > Block > BSLightingShaderProperty) It never appears when I use existing vanilla nif BSLPs.

=> For those with no experience with custom models: BSLightingShaderProperty is an essential part of the .nif models Skyrim uses

In a 100% vanilla skyrim, when I enter CK, create a new object with a custom model, specific models cause this when loaded the first time. I will now start comparing every little bit of these nifs.

1. Discovered Cause: Vertex Color Option Mismatch

Reproduction:

• NiTriShapeData: "Has Vertex Colors" set to "yes"
  • BSLightingShaderProperty: "Shader Flags 2" does not have "SLSF2_Vertex_Colors" active

Fix:

=> If your model should have vertex colors:

Use Nifskope and tick SLSF2_Vertex_Colors in the option Shader Flags 2 in BSLightingShaderProperty

=> If your model should NOT have vertex colors:

Use Nifskope and double-click the yes entry in Has Vertex Colors in NiTriShapeData to change it to no

=> If you are not sure:

Do the first - unless there is an additional mistake, activating vertex colors with the default (white) colors set normally does no harm.

• 1 year later...

I get this problem every time I load up a mod I have fiddeled around with. By that, I mean I've taken certain parts of one mod and added them to another. I extracted all the right textures and nifs but when I add the biped model for the nif (A helmet+hood) only the hood part is visable while the helmet part is not showing.

In-game, the "helmet" works like a helmet should, it's equipable and all, but since the helmet part doesn't show, and it works like a helmet, when I equip it, my face turns invisible. I have a hood on me but no head.

For reference: http://i.imgur.com/Y0De44I.jpg

I already knew there was nothing wrong with NifSkope since when I open the nif, everything looks like it should with the correct textures and NiTriShapes. I figured it had something to do with the BSLightingShaderProperty since that's the error I get when I open the mod itself in Creation Kit. I don't have any ENB or anything, so that's not the problem.

Also, Charlatan's "Fix" didn't work for me. But I don't know, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Would appreciate any potential solution.

Edited by RofloX

• 2 years later...

Necroing this topic to hopfully help others.

Assert
File: ..\..\Shaders\BSLightingShaderProperty.cpp
Line: 806
When working on your mod and the creation kit throws this out, and none of the above is the issue it could simply be a missing shader property in your nif file.
In the creation kit object window, go to your custom static tree and select them. If you have many, then select a few a time, right click and select "Recalc Bounds"
Then check your "Editor Warning" txt in your Skyrim directory to see if the error message has appeared.
If it has, maybe several of the same warnings, check the models from your "Object Window" selection in nif scope.
My problem was two things, very similar and can crash Skyrim if you try to open your ingame map in an interior with a model afflicted with this error.
1. The "TriShapeData" had "has vertex colors" = no, But there was an "SLSF_Vertex_Colors" property in the bottom shader properties list.
2. The "TriShapeData" had "has vertex colors" = yes, But there was no "SLSF_Vertex_Colors" property in the bottom shader properties list.
Also the CK doesn't like a specularity of <= 0.0 This means you have no glossiness, set it accordingly greater than 0.0, like 0.1 or 0.001 etc