how do you manually install?

pulsehakurei

okay there are two kinds of mods that im aware of. ones that use NMM and ones that must be installed manually.

i can do the NMM mods just fine but all the good mods are manual installs

can someone give me detailed steps how to install?

or more specifically how to install "children of the sky r2" i have no idea what im doing to be honest and would love some experienced help

thank you much!

• 9 months later...

okay there are two kinds of mods that im aware of. ones that use NMM and ones that must be installed manually.

i can do the NMM mods just fine but all the good mods are manual installs

can someone give me detailed steps how to install?

or more specifically how to install "children of the sky r2" i have no idea what im doing to be honest and would love some experienced help

thank you much!

Hey there, I have actually made a video regarding this very mod and it's installation...I hope it helps you and many others.

• 5 years later...

You will have a "Steam" folder somewhere in your C Drive; the "games" folder won't exist unless you created it, so don't worry about that folder. When you installed Steam you are asked where you want to install it, if you chose the default it might be in "program files" or just in C:\steam (can't remember the default now). If all esle fails open file explorer and search for "Steam".

• 3 months later...

only problem with that thought is the fact that not everyone installs there Steam app in C:\program files - I and most of the more seasoned modders usually will buy a second drive and use it for there games so they don't have to deal with windows Security if such is the case you'll need to find out the drive letter for that drive and then look at the directory tree to see what is there. the pathing no matter where it's install is drive letter :\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Skyrim. The exception to this of course is if you install it to program files or Program Files (X86)