SkyUI + SKSE

AwfulArchdemon

Did you merge the Data folder in the SKSE download with your skyrim Data folder? If not none of the skse scripts are installed and that's why SkyUI is complaining. Alternatly if you recently installed or updated the creation kit it may have overwritten the SKSE scripts and you will have to reinstall them.

Did you merge the Data folder in the SKSE download with your Skyrim Data folder?

Oh boy, this is quite embarrassing. I didn't play Skyrim in a while and when I updated everything, I didn't read the SKSE readme.txt again. The SKSE version that I had previously installed didn't have scripts yet...

After copying the contents of the SKSE Data/scripts folder into my Skyrim/Data/scripts folder, I started Skyrim and everything seems to be working fine now. There is no error message and the menus open right away, so that must have been the issue.

Thank you for the solution, Dienes! Thanks @ everyone else, who responded.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar problem - except I know what I am doing wrong. :) I simply cannot use the skseloader.exe to start the game because (due to a strange constellation os moons and stars) the game audio volume becomes way too low to hear most things. No matter what PC and speaker settings I use. But skyui interface looks pretty enough and I dont't miss the skse loader for other mods (better horses also gets along without running via skseloader acceptably).

The only thing that bothers me is the error screen after every load and the error window in items menu. If I could get rid of these (perhaps without reinstalling the skyui 2.2) I would be completely satisfied. So is there a way to disable the skse version check or the error windows in a config file or somehow?

BW:

don