Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

killzor55

On each CTD you had C++ error pop up?...

I had same CTD issues as you stated before without any error messeges, and they got really annoying like every 5 minutes, on entering locations and stuff. I was over the moon when I found out about Sheson's memory patch :blush:

Now I still get some rare freezes and this C++ error but the game became much more stable compared to what it was.

On each CTD you had C++ error pop up?...

Yep r6025 ( thats what we are talking about right ?, the topic subject )

Thats how annoying it can be.

I never get what people regard as 'normal CTDs', the game is perfectly stable with Launcher generated INIs, and mostly vanilla content ( just running Unofficial Patches plus a few other safe / clean mods ) .. I have had every version of the game since 11.11.11 and although it has had some hiccups along the way, CTDs have never been a part of the picture .. Until Dawnguard came along with this infuriating bug

On three different machines here with the same mods setups, all behave really well. One of them never has a problem with r6025 either which is just even more frustrating :smile:

Bad modding practice ( continuing a game after removing mods which the game has become dependant upon ), other peoples INI suggestions, overloading the machine with too many hi res textures, mods made with TESSNIP being part of the process, not cleaning all ITMs and UDRs with TES5Edit if you are running mods aswell as vanilla game content, or just bad mod combinations are the root of most peoples CTDs. r6025 is a whole new ball game when it starts

Thankfully now that we have a solution to r6025 I have no CTDs at all. Back to what I consider 'normal'.

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...

I'm going to ruin all your theories by saying it didn't start happening to me till I went to Solstheim, then every so often I get the error while running around. I have yet to go back to Skyrim, but it also doesn't seem to happen every ten minutes because my autosave is set to save every 5. But I've clocked 500+ hours into the game, and I've never encountered this bug before.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Having the same problem, the same C+++ run time error code, but not as frequent as everyone else it seems. Did not have this particular error on my old hardware (windows 7 Pentium with old fashioned hard drive and who knows what graphics). With my new machine (i5 6600k; 16GM memory; SSD, and GTX1070 no less) and by following everyone's stability guides I've eliminated CTDs, white screens of death, and all purple objects. So now this starts out of the blue - I already probably had 600 hours in on this play through without seeing it.

I already had the first trip to the soul cairn completed. I've already summoned the undead dragon 3 times. My R6025 error seems to happen erratically in different parts of Skyrim and I can't pin down any common symptoms. It happens maybe once in 5-6 hours of play time. No one in all this time has come up with a solution it seems from reading this thread it seems to be a deeply embedded programing error of some kind but why did I not see before I had ~70 mods? it does seem to happen right after a transition when I start moving; once was in Dragons Bridge and once in a Nordic ruin moving from one room to the next. I'll pay more attention before posting again but it looks like for now we just have to put up with it but I don't think the root cause is associated with any DLC.

Edit: Read the thread referred to by alt3rn1ty in post #16. I have two of Jiub's journal pages in my character's inventory and have not gone back to finish that quest. That was 100s of hours of play time ago. My R6025 errors started long after I was out of the soul cairn. However, I have the only recognizable common symptoms and will proceed to finish the soul cairn including Juib and see if that works.

Edited by Vermithraxxx

• 1 month later...

Finished all Soul Cairn quests including the infamous 'Impatience of a Saint' with Saint Jiub's Opus. Didn't have the R6025 error for a long time. Guess what - it's back. Happened on the road from Riften to Castle DawnGuard. Happened just when I turned and started to move. Now I just finished installing several mods including replacing one character height disparity mod with another - which entailed deactivating the first one (i got the save game message that a mod was gone that the latest save depended on).

So - the Soul Cairn quests may be a common symptom but evidently the cause is more general.