Lower level character, stronger npcs

Metallus85

Hi all!

Recently happened to me a strange thing: I played a character up to level 27, then I created a new character to try some different stuff and at level 14 I'm facing way stronger npcs than the ones the other character faced at level 27 (I'm doing more or less the same quests). At level 12 Farkas sent me to kill a coven of vampires full of gargoyles and stuff and aela to clear a cave full of trolls.

Does anyone have idea on why is this happening? (the game version patch and mods are exactly the same)

What types of Gargoyles and Vampires were you running into? Stronger Gargoyles (such as Brutes) don't start appearing until around 25 and you should only be encountering Vampire Fledglings, Vampires, Blooded Vampires and/or Master Vampires (which have variable levels). Regular Trolls are also normal.

Regular gargoyles and trolls, at level 12 (they should be lvl 14 monsters), dwarven weapons on bandits as soon as at lvl 8, and may other "strange" stuff, compared to the other playthough: on the average I find stronger enemies with the lvl 14 char than with the lvl 27 one.

One thing to note is that you typically start encountering higher level enemies when your player level is slightly lower than the enemy in question. Dwarven Weapons are also normal (at least possible) to encounter at 12 (13 for enchanted versions). However, I'm not sure if the level of the bandit you killed is taken into account when it comes to what weapons they can spawn with (as the case could have been for you). Highwaymen are 14, Plunderers are 19 and Chiefs could be 16 for you.