Fur Cloak (Mantle)

DestinyChopsticks

Having looked through the various cloak mods available, I've been unable to find a happy medium between the (what I call) "stylish" cape and the (over the top) "I killed a bear, and then all its cubs and combined all of their pelts into this absolutely huge" cloak. A lot of my characters tend to wear mage robes, but at higher levels when the robes lose their mantle they don't seem very warm.

Could someone make a mod that has a mantle like this:

http://www.larp-fashion.de/shop/images/Umhang_Fellueberwurf_back.jpg

or actually coming across the chest like version on the left below:

Fur%20Cloak%20white.jpg?1289579696

and a relatively thick material... like wool, or sable for an expensive version... for the actual "cape"; part of the cloak.

The cloak itself doesn't even have to be full-length... something that comes down to the knees works just fine. It's a garment mainly to keep the shoulders and neck warm, anyways.

The closest I have found to something I'm looking for is http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/141955, but there hasn't been anything done with this since October 2012, and there's no download up?

Edited by DestinyChopsticks

"I killed a bear, and then all its cubs and combined all of their pelts into this absolutely huge" cloak

That's what I think when I look at those current cloaks that are available!
And I am not even sure if those are practical in any way.
Never heard/seen in history books anything similar to those, but I might be wrong.

After all, huge, fur cloak, get in rain with it and you are as good as dead.
Or at least you are as heavy and slow.
Those would be really nice if they would be shorter.
After all, Skyrim is not that good with Capes, so there's some weird clipping and issues with them.

Anyhow, the mantle on picture you showed is perfect.
And even humblest worker in Skyrim could afford that, because he doesn't need to kill twenty bears to get it.

"I killed a bear, and then all its cubs and combined all of their pelts into this absolutely huge" cloak

That's what I think when I look at those current cloaks that are available!

And I am not even sure if those are practical in any way.

Never heard/seen in history books anything similar to those, but I might be wrong.

After all, huge, fur cloak, get in rain with it and you are as good as dead.

Or at least you are as heavy and slow.

Those would be really nice if they would be shorter.

After all, Skyrim is not that good with Capes, so there's some weird clipping and issues with them.

Anyhow, the mantle on picture you showed is perfect.

And even humblest worker in Skyrim could afford that, because he doesn't need to kill twenty bears to get it.

I know, right? They're completely over the top. Excellent if you're going for the hyperbolic barbarian look, but I just want something to keep my character warm. And, yeah, the clipping issue is one of the reasons I suggested that it only come down as far as, say, Ulfric's coat.

Considering how that has come off our website, would you please either delete this post of give it proper credit?

http://battle-ready.com/home/category/cloaks-mantles

Thank you

Did you make an account here specifically to complain when people link your images? I've edited the post, I trust it satisfies your grievance.

Nice mantle, by the way. If something were to possess me to LARP I might consider buying it.

Edited by DestinyChopsticks

Actually we do a lot of movie work, reenactment stuff and designer gear as well. But obviously I am just being sad for asking for credit for my work...

And obviously I'm being criminal for borrowing the image and not making any money whatsoever from it. I'd suggest watermarking your pictures in the future, if you are so against the free advertising and the prospect of being being unable to follow an image back when it has been linked directly from the website responsible for it. I mean, we're definitely on a forum where people have no technical background at all and can't figure out "right click" / "copy img url" / "take out everything but the domain to see home page".

As a writer I understand the value of intellectual property. But if someone were to write a post here that said "I need a mod that has a story like <this short story>" and linked one of my stories, from my web site, with my name attached to it, I would jump for joy that someone had appreciated my work enough to circulate it. What I wouldn't do would be making an account to demand they remove mention of my story if they didn't provide MLA referencing for it. It's pedantic, and does absolutely nothing to endear someone to you.

But, clearly, it was an error in judgement on my part, as now this issue has completely derailed the mod request. I trust that whatever perceived slight I've made against you is now rendered even by a combination of me not only acquiescing to your demand, but your passive aggressive malarky requiring me to write this entire post to demonstrate that I'm not an iniquitous scoundrel. I'm sorry I hotlinked an image from your website, now leave me alone.

Another possibility for this mod would be something like just a mantle of fur around the shoulders, forgetting the rest of the cloak. Looking at mods like Immersive Armours, there's this one (I believe it's the Light Sons of Skyrim set):

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/19733-1-1342448357.jpg

As you can see, underneath the cloak there's a fur mantle that's incorporated into the armour. It's not unlike a fur-trimmed cloak from the vanilla game... only the fur-trimmed cloak, again, falls into the category of "stylish".

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/1/1b/Fur-Trimmed_Cloak_8698c.jpg

Something as innocuous as that would make a big difference.

You know what? I've just taken your image out of my original post entirely. I don't need this headache.

Some of these base-game furs have already been separated for use in a mod. Try this out: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17401

Thank you, this is fantastic. I looked for something like this mod but hadn't seen it. I must have been using the wrong key words; "scarf" didn't exactly occur to me as the appropriate word, but it's certainly the appropriate in-game item.