Skorpius666

Skorpius666

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Not sure if this is the right place but,

I am having a problem. 

I download a mod, open the rar/zip file, find the ****.esp file, and for some reason, it shows a document icon (which makes the mod not work) I need to find a way to show the exec icon instead so that it will work.

An example is the Hunting in Skyrim mod. everything works except for the esp file in the data folder. So I can't start the first quest with the wolf outside of riverwood.

any ideas?

harmony90

harmony90

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

hah, The icon has nothing to do with it, are you using a wineskin wrapper or a cider wrapper?

Putting the mod in the data folder is the same in wineskin or cider, so there is no problem there, now... to activating the mod.

If wineskin you have to right click your skyrim app, then click show package contents--->drive_c--->users--->wineskin--->Local settings--->skyrim--->And click on the plugins.txt file.

Once inside the text file, you just copy the name or your mod (example: moonpath.esm) and save.

The last step is locking this text file, if you want to do that you right click the plugins.txt, you click on show info, then a window will show up, you will now tick the "locked" box, and then you scroll down, and where you see your username, on the next box click on it and make sure it is on read and write. 

---

On cider its similar. This video explains it pretty well ;) 

Best of luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, esp files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.903 seconds