Ebony sword and greatsword replacers please

dragonslayer2k12

Someone has got to replace the ugliest swords in the game! They look like nerf swords for draugers! I actually hate finding these things because they are ugly and they won't work properly with a plaque or holder. I have asked many times over the last year for someone to replace these swords and nobody would do it:-(

If I knew how to do it my self I would have done it already but I have no free time these days to spend a month or more learning to use self torture devices like blender and nifskope just to get two sword replacers in game. Plenty of people around here know exactly how to do it maybe one of you has the time?

For design ideas I am thinking some kind of elegant S curve where the blade is curved one way and the handle is curved the other. There should be a hilt, so many sword mods on here with no hilt and flimsy looking blades or totally not ebony straight blades. The sheath/scabbard should be on the sword for both male and female users and player and npc users. Many thanks to whoever can do this for their time and knowledge.

Yes, and while were at it, how about a better steel sword. The mods that change the mesh don't change the odd hilt or the cutaway blade and the mods that replace it either don't work or are not so good. A standard viking sword with the inlay and design of the steel weapons will do. I also think the Nordic sword from Dragonborn doesn't look norse enough or practical enough. And how about some better glass swords. Even with the mods that modify the mesh they still look pretty hokey and strange.

The dunmer are just a different kind of elf, in fact most of the races in the game were originally from elves except nords and argonians of course. So the designs would differ slightly but have a similarity.

The weapons of the third era mod is great but it has some bad ideas for ebony weapons. The glass sword in that mod is interesting but the jaggy edges on the end of the blade would never fit in a sheathe scabbard. Ebony is not daedric it is ebony so it shouldn't look daedric like that one sword does.

I like the ebony weapons from Third Era, but it doesn't fit as well the rest of the ebony set. I'm not too big on keeping things perfectly in line with the games lore. I think a European sword with a textured elven inlay and design to match the ebony set would make a perfect replacer. The thing I like about the Ebony is the elvish artistry on the more European style black knight armor and weapons. It's only the swords that don't fit that look. I don't think the curvy look suits them, if that's what you like, I'd think you'd prefer a different armor set to match since it presently has knightly form. Edited by Ensrick

That is almost exactly how I think of ebony also! I made an ebony armor mod lol ya know?

Yes this is how I view it too but I am thinking the elven european style not just straight euro. The elves were super smart and really uppity but they were also extremely strict and pursued a constant path of brutal evolution kind of like survival of the fittest but against your own to prove it lifestyle. They broke up at some point and went off to do their own things so we get all the different elf types. Did you know the orcs are of elf influence? I am thinking the bretons had some influence of ebony armor at some point so from elf curvy to glass less curvy to ebony slightly curvy but you see more breton elf euro influence there like the ebony armor. The S curve I am thinking about is more like those elf swords from LOTR movies but not so extreme. Remember the aldermi dominon chopped off those akaviri heads and rolled them up to the front door of the empire? Well they had to know what they were doing to manage that one. So I am thinking their swords had to be just as good as or better than akaviri "samurai" swords. Where the samurai sword is good a slicing, the elf S curve does that but does something else that gives them an advantage in combat over the samurai sword. I don't know what the advantage would be that is just an idea for now. Maybe from that logic a more detailed design can be made?

There could be ebony sword, ebony greatsword, ebony saber, ebony short sword etc. to reflect elf design and to show breton influence?

Edited by dragonslayer2k12

You're really passionate about this, so I think I would go with your design choice. There's a mod that has elven swords called addonay's elven weaponry. Perhaps a good retexture of one of those would work or possibly a retexture of the lotr elven sword with the S curve I've seen on the nexus.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9262

Perhaps this would be a good starting pont?

Yeah I checked that one out a while back and noticed the blade is too straight plus it is more about LOTR so it doesn't quite fit and no hilt either. I tried talking ghousu into making this but he was not interested at the time.

Every once in a while it would be funny if when the player took off their ebony helmet they saw the face of rowan atkinson instead of their character hehe:-)