Voice Actor and Actress

vforvic

New Characters Added August 10th - Please Check The Second Page Of This Thread For 2 More Important Characters

Project Information
We have been working on adding voice to our mod Merc 2 and are having to make some major adjustments due to some people dropping out for various reasons such as schedule conflicts or equipment issues or just plain old life.

Some general information
1) We will never demand more than you're capable of; if at some point you feel you don't relate to the part, you don't have to do the part.
2) We want your input on your lines and the character you play. That means 'you don't like the line, we change the line.' This also relates to the look of the character. If you want some tweaks to your characters looks let us know and if at all possible we can make it happen.
3) We're doing the work in phases so you can get a good grasp on the character. The goal is to make the character your own. The first phase is all the main dialogue to make the mod storyline progress. The next phase will include character to character interaction and generic daily dialogue.
4) Table Reads via Skype are optional, but we do like to do them. We prefer to keep things fairly informal in order to gauge your ability to project emotional states (otherwise known as acting but this has a tendency to make people think they're 'working').

Audition Deadline
August 31st.

Recording and Contact Information
Format is mono-wav 16-bit format sampled at 16000 hertz
Save lines in charactername_yourname_linenumber.wav
You can send recordings to spec_ops_dude at hotmail.com or PM me a link to your site where you have recordings.

Characters
MALES

Name: Millerhttp://i.imgur.com/41lYK6O.jpg?4
Bio: Miller is a professional soldier type. After his military service he went to work as head of security for a Company called Military Engagement and Reconnaissance Corporation. MERC was a privately owned company that was primarily a military weapons developer. Miller is a pragmatic kind of guy more concerned with practical results than with theories and principals. He has spent the last 200 years in Cryo which he entered right before the Nuclear War. He is awoken in a post-apocalyptic world by the Player and Blain who are attempting to keep the Enclave from taking over the prewar MERC Vault.
Voice Type: No requirement for any particular voice type.
Audition Lines: Miller and the Player have just found a Sat Dish they are supposed to destroy.
Miller: Okay, this looks like the coordinates. You secure the perimeter, I'll plant the explosives.
Player: Doesn't this seem strange? I mean a little too easy?
Miller: Not really. No one knows we're coming and we're being fairly quiet.
Player: If you say so.
Miller: I'll tap in just to make sure we're still clear and then set the charge.

Name: Barretthttp://i.imgur.com/MQPAf0D.jpg?2
Bio: Think balding older gruff soldier. He is a higher ranking NCO type soldier in the Brotherhood of Steel which are enemies with the Enclave. His background is not well known or set in the Storyline. We know he does have a daughter, but beyond that not much is known. Consider him to be one of those leaders that stands in the middle of a battle yelling orders and directions seeming totally oblivous to the action going on around him.
Audition Lines: The Player is tasked with recruiting Barrett and has just located him.
Player: Are you Barrett?
Barrett: That depends. Do I owe you money?
Player: Not that I am aware of.
Barrett: Then that's Sergeant to you. That isn't standard issue, you'll have to go back to get a uniform.
Player: Don't have one.
Barrett: You've got to be kidding me, you a Scribe?

Name: Chasehttp://i.imgur.com/IB33HKs.jpg
Bio: Chase is a civilian who runs the base bar/cafeteria. His dialogue is limited to selling the Player food and beverage, but input from you on expanding his dialogue would be welcomed. He might also have some side dialogue with other NPC's He seems a cool easygoing type who somehow has a good supply of wild shirts.
Voice Type: No requirement for any particular voice type. What comes to mind is an easy rider or islander type.
Audition Lines: Generic
Chase: Need something friend?
Chase: Hey, anything for you.
Chase: Your going to like what's on the menu today.

Name: Drakehttp://i.imgur.com/SLVdFkg.jpg?2
Bio: A character who shows up with Barrett when he is recruited by the Player. Both Drake and Vasquez are initially seen under Barrett's command at the Brotherhood of Steel. The names for Drake and Vasquez, the female below, come from the Aliens movie. Their attitudes and interactions are similar to the movie. Think cocky frontline soldiers who want to get into as much action as possible.
Audition Lines: Generic lines between Player and Drake whenever Player speaks to Drake.
Drake: Me and Vasquez are thinking about swapping schedules. I think she's falling in love with the night too much.
Drake: Not much moving out there today Sir.

Name: A Hunterhttp://i.imgur.com/vOArsJd.jpg
Bio: This character is a Hunter who has a short Dialogue with the Player on a side quest. He is a veteran professional Hunter for hire.
Voice Type: Thinking an older, deeper and slower voice for this character, but open to anything that fits.
Audition Lines: Speaking with Player about an animal the Hunter has been hired to kill.
Player: They have not seen you in a few days and figured you took the money and ran.
Hunter: Just like folks these days. Want instant gratification. No patience. No trust.
Hunter: You wanna hunt something you gotta stalk it, learn about it, find its weaknesses.
Hunter: You get all cocky and rely on brute force you'll end up like that poor fella there.

Name: Kensingtonhttp://i.imgur.com/Kg7Azk4.jpg
Bio: Kensington is the Enclave Commander of a base that the player is assaulting. He has one short Dialogue with the Player at the end of the Assault.
Audition Lines: Player has just found Kensington hold up in his panic room at the base the player is assaulting.
Kensington: Hold it right there.
Kensington: I know why your here and I'm ready to deny you your prize.
Player: I would say you and what Army, but since I've killed most of your Army.
Kensington: You little punk. You think that dish was the only way I could get a message out?

Archerhttp://i.imgur.com/VcVDM1q.jpg

Bio: He works with Oashisu and Marion as a naturalist and Apothecary. Spends his time researching and making useful substances for healing and protection form the harsh world in the wasteland.
Voice Type: Any Male Voice
Audition Lines: Most all his lines refer to the Player bringing him supplies and research items, but I am open to adding lines which might give him more of a background story.
Player: I noticed your research seems to be more in the attack than defense area.

Marion: Well the best defense is a good offense.

Player: I managed to find some whiskey.
Marion: Ahh and a good high end brand at that. Excellent.

FEMALES
Name: Vasquezhttp://i.imgur.com/C3inO6q.jpg?1
Bio: The counterpart to the male Drake. Even more than Drake she is a cocky frontline solider interested in getting into as many firefights as possible.
Voice Type: Would like this to have a Spanish accent of some type. Does not have to be pronounced, but something that would fit the name Vasquez.
Audition Lines: Generic lines between Player and Vasquez whenever Player speaks to Vasquez.
Vasquez: All the ammo I want for a new Sniper Rifle and a nice high perch to shoot from. Excellent.
Vasquez: Sir, get me a reloading bench and I could extend the range on this thing another 200 meters.

Oashisuhttp://i.imgur.com/haXEPuy.jpg

Bio: She is a naturalist and Apothecary. Kind of an easy going Zen type personality. Spends her time researching and making useful substances for healing and protection form the harsh world in the wasteland.
Voice Type: She has an Asian name, but considering her location in the DC area this is not completely necessary. A nice soft pleasant voice would be best.
Audition Lines: Most all her lines refer to the Player bringing her supplies and research items.
Player: I have some Bloatfly meat for you.

Oashisu: That's excellent. Gross, but excellent anyway.

Player: I managed to get some Yao Guai meat.
Oashisu: Nice! And you still have all your arms and legs.

Marionhttp://i.imgur.com/mqiAUnN.jpg

Bio: She works with Oashisu and Archer as a naturalist and Apothecary. Spends her time researching and making useful substances for healing and protection form the harsh world in the wasteland.
Voice Type: Ghoul Female
Audition Lines: Most all her lines refer to the Player bringing her supplies and research items, but I am open to adding lines which might give her more of a background story.
Player: Are there any items you need for your research?

Marion: In order to support my work I need flesh from Feral Ghouls, Flour, Mirelurk Meat, Nuka-cola Quantum, Ant meat and Molerat meat.

Player: I managed to find some purified water for you.
Marion: This will be quite useful.

I think I can do an Outcast guard. PM me some sample lines, if you have any, and I'll send you my sample through Vocaroo. If not, I'll just read some lines from my own upcoming mod.

EDIT: Also, a female Super Mutant would probably sound just like a male one. They don't really have genders anymore anyway. See Lily and Tabitha for examples of female Super Mutants whose voice still sound ridiculously gravelly.

Edited by panzersharkcat

You could point them my way if someone was interested. I am also working on a female child companion for New Vegas and need a voice actress. I have it posted in the New Vegas mod forums. PM me if anyone is interested in doing a New Vegas mod.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...