White Exclamation Point in a Red Triangle

Sooawesome

I've recently downloaded some mods that require textures. I've never had trouble with mods up until yesterday when I saw my Pilotable Vertibird turn into an exclamation point in a red triangle. I figured it was just the mod, so I downloaded some armor. I put it on and I turned invisible. Shortly after, I turned into the big exclamation point with a red triangle. Next, I download a gun skin, and that didn't even work! >:(

I looked up what the problem might be, and none of them were happening to me. My Archiveinalidation Invalidator! was activated, my SArchiveList was correct, my binvlalidator in the Fallout.ini was set to 1, andI had all the files I needed for the mod.

I'm thinking that MAYBE I put the files in the wrong place, but the textures files are in a textures file, and meshes in a meshes file. This problem is really puttin' me down and dampening my good times that were to be had by these mods.

(Oh, and the "texture" I keep getting looks a lot like this, :excl:, except with a white exclamation and red triangle. I thought I'd throw that in because its odd how I'm talking about this and I see that emoticon.

What you have is a missing mesh. Check your mesh folder and make sure you do not have another mesh folder inside of it. This is a very common mistake.

Heh, this is exactly what I did, so what I need to do to fix it is have a different mesh folder for every mod? I'll try that

No, that is not what you need to do. You should delete the mesh folder that you added and then copy the mesh folder from the saved mod to the Fallout 3/Data folder. When asked, answer yes to overwrite.